Ulysses sends greetings from Western Canada

Ulysses

Local time
4:33 AM
Greetings to all forum members. I'm have joined to expand my knowledge of both electric and gas motor systems. I am particularly interested in trikes.

I use a regular-style trike as my daily ride, and am building a recumbent trike using plans from AtomicZombie.com. My plan (and hope) is to incorporate an electric motor during the design/build stage, rather than trying to haywire it on afterwards.

I also have an import 49cc gas-motor add-on kit which is presently between homes. Its original home was a 2 wheeler; I'd like to find a way to adapt it to the "granny trike" I'm riding now.

I'm an inveterate tinkerer, so I sometimes come up with crazy ideas.

Ulysses

Welcome to MBc, Ulysses. You have come to the right place. If you want general knowledge on motored bikes, or trikes in particular, you are certainly in the right palace. You can find the fine points of my build in our Powered Trike Forum, under "Trailmate Meteor and Gas Power." It is a real powerhouse for such a small engine (it is mostly in the gearing), but I can pedal it for miles and miles before I actually kick in the engine. Please read all of the 'stickie' notes at the top of each forum, as well as the other messages. They contain a lot of useful information, and rules of the road you must follow. Good luck to you, and if you have any Trike questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Patrick

Back