Unacceptable posts & Bogus info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Common sense and common couertesy are prerequisites to any conversation, be it a face to face chitchat or a virtual forum.:???:
I myself am a politically incorrect redneck and am proud of it , yet I have enough mutual respect for all other members that although i might be very quick to go off on someone that isnt minding his manners and applying proper ediquette, I have not had a single problem on this or any forum.
A forum is no different than any other form of cummunication.
Think before you speak(post). If you dont , and just start babblin, do not blame the moderators for you emberassing yourself.
I personally think all whiners and snivelers should be banned immediately but thats just my personal opinion. I'm randomising hear, not talking about anyone in particular..
To put it another way, if you cant use the appropriate ediquette( which is not overly complicated to figure out ifa person uses common sense) you quite simply are showing a lack of respect to every single person that has made a post or read a post.
I f a person cannot keep up to the conversation(lacks the social skills to converse like everyone else does), he/she should maybe just stay the heck out of it.:eek:

a little saying I find quite amusing although it isnt 100% relevent:

Sometimes it is better to be thought a fool,
Than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!! heh heh :D

Anyways , sorry for babblin and keep the shiny side up fellas(dont dump yer bike)
Cheers
~Haggard~

To the new guys:
Read..read...read...read. Then post. If someone tries to straighten you out / help you...listen..lesson learned..move on.
Lars

Without these guys, I'd have been lost. Strict rules aren't an option on a good forum...they are a necessity.

You don't know what you'll be missing if you leave this Forum. It's the best and after you give it some time and knock that chip off your shoulder you to will appreciate it as well as all of those that keep it going so smooth.
They have shot me down when needed and they have picked me up when needed.
Doc

Anywhere we go, we're bound to have disagreements. This is a normal.
But, here at MBc, we must disagree with a certain amount of tact.

tact--(noun); a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; skill in dealing with difficult or delicate situations.

Name calling & personal insults will be edited and the following statement will be added to the objectionable post.
"MBc EDIT - This post contained content that is listed in the MotoredBikes.com rules as unacceptable."

Posts containing Bogus Info will be tagged with......
"MBc EDIT - This post contains information or advice that MotoredBikes.com knows to be incorrect."

I should have read this before it all went south !!! I'll remember next time -- Tact -- yes not to be forgotten --- EXCELLENT GUIDE LINES !!! Happy Riding from Mountainman

Last edited:
I tried to take it easy coming onto a message board about a vehicle I know very little about. Some people have bad experiences with some forums. FoxBodyForum tried to give me a lil trouble aswell as FullSizeChevy and The Corral. I've found most of the trouble against new users are the members with over 900 post and even in their late 20's seem to be a guru. Keeping a common ground seems to keep all well though. Like on FourEyedPride aslong as you dont mention the butchering of an SVO or a 4eye to aeronose conversion you'll be fine. MopedArmy is a good site and so is CrownVicNet. I put this site with those, I found most people on here are decent, all I'm trying to say is if you want drame go to the myspace forums or blackplanets you'll be happy.

He he he

I am probably the most full of sh*t, least respectful of governmental authority poster on this forum, admit to various topic infractions.

But I try not to be a jerk about it at the same time. :D

Lol...I'm sorry that I didn't notice/reply to this sooner..hehehe. Bama...you stole my position..lol... I thought I was the most full of sh*t! lmao:D

Please - I was lurking boards for motorized bikes for a long time and believe me this place is leaps and bounds more useful and interesting than the other sites can even dream of being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back