Unconnected MB thread but still unusual

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bilboby, Jan 29, 2011.

1. bilboby

bilboby Member

Whilst searching the websites for various MB parts etc i came across a 1 wheel motor bike? Not sure of the make or model thus no-doubt it's custom built but if not has anyone else seen such a bike on their roads?

Attached Files:

2. Dave C

Dave C Member

I think that's been Photoshopped. You can find pictures of airplanes with multi engines that have never flown, horses running with only two legs and the like.

3. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

unless Popular Science got Punk'd...

The Uno: a "unicycle" motorcycle...

and since it's actually two wheels very close together, it's not REALLY a "uni-cycle"... it looks like a motorcycle version of the Segway

4. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

the cheaper alternative to developing a cross between a Segway and a crotch-rocket ($45,000) would be to buy an electric bike. I know, I know... don't scoff at innovation, but Segways are not exactly the safest forms of transportation. I can't imagine riding one in traffic...

5. tswizzy2

tswizzy2 New Member

Ya that things called the uno electric bike. I actuly saw it and the inventor In Person a few years ago while attending the Canada wide science fair. His first model was legitimately a unicycle, only wheel. Since then he has put out several more models, one of which has two wheels side by side.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  6. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

One question though...... What does one do when faced with a panic stop situation?
    I see a face plant in the near future.

7. professor

professor Active Member

Does every family have a loon in it?
    Hope he wears a full face helmet. That was a good one Gearnut.

8. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

totally. I don't care how well the software works, it just doesn't seen safe.

9. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

here is an older model: motorizedunicycle.jpg

:jester::jester::jester:

10. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

okay... now THAT is a faceplant waiting to happen...

11. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

I have to dissagree......faceplants will never occur on these bikes. First time you give it gas the back of your head will receive the plant.

12. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

wondering if there would be a gyroscopic effect that would cause you to spin around the Y axis before tipping you over (still spinning, of course), leaving you with the most thorough of road-rashes...

13. Bob Gurkin

Bob Gurkin New Member

I looked these things up on the net and there are a bunch of different one wheel bikes. They are neat, but I don't see that they are all that pratical. However, if they can figure a way to make one with pedals that would be a whole different story....Hmmmm, anyone getting ideas?

14. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011