Update, Lights, Horn, 12 Volt Solution

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
FYI, I am a very trained inventor and have written several patents myself that have been granted by the US patent office. I'm not bragging; it's just that I have a long background in the area, currently, holding nine US patents. Very early, I was assisted by patent attorneys but eventually learned how to write a patent myself. Granted, it is very unusual for a person to write his own patent entirely, but it is legally acceptable by the patent office. The application is judged strictly on its merits. The patent I will write first is a provisional patent which is the first step and does not include all the requirements of a full patent application, but I am capable of writing all of it. Please be patient regarding what can be disclosed now, as with any invention or company, the solution is protected until the patent is applied for, standard operating procedure. One more point: Surely, one can buy a moped or motorcycle that has all the bells and whistles, but with a complete solution, it is possible to custom design your own bike, to your liking, as for example, a chopper moped. It just gives users more choices to custom build and design your own complete bike. Mike S

Good for you,I would urge a modicum of restraint,this revelatory striptease serves no useful informative purpose in my opinion.

IMO you might be loosing some customers with that tude. You might be able to make a quality product but your surly not much of a salesman. Stop with the hype, you'll never live up to your own publicity.

And umm... This is shear type site, we talk, we trade ideas, we help each other, your not going to strike it rich with the next HT lighting kit. Maybe let us in on your concept and as the customer we will tell you what we want.. or does that not matter?

Hey I gots me an idea. Let us drive a gear off the primary to run a 2nd magneto, thats not made in chain and see how much power we can pump out of that thing. dedicated for lighting, not taking away from spark..

You steal my idea and I'll sue you..

sorry if I sound like an ***, but sometimes I am. I still love ya!

plenty of the members on here myself included are building lights systems for our bikes, the only reason we are doing it with indicators tail, brake lights etc is too make our bikes street legal.

I would rather roll without the extra lights myself as they take away from the character of the builds and start turning our bikes into mopeds....

Having said that once you start building its alot of fun messing around with the light systems etc, while trying to make them as pleasing to the eye as possible.

Unless the system is that is been designed "is out of this world" most of us will keep messing around and tinkering with our 12volt systems because in the end its all about the build and the more you can build and invent yourself the more pleasure the ride will be..................

true words. this might be first time that i agree with everyones opinion. i myself prefer a chopper moped instead of a sit straight usual kind. at first all iwanted to do was just build a motor assited bike but since i have bought a chopper bicycle now i want to make it into a street leagal machine which i dont have to pedal after a stop. i wanna be able to just let go of the clutch and my bike takes off. i am going to take the pedals off and install pegs instead. all help will be appreciated. this is the best forum to get all the help i have to say.

i have seen someone turn a nerve switchblade turn it into a moped with no pedals n stuff but i just cant remember who. i am still searching.

I agree with Mike S, I am currently designing the same thing and i am using the help of an electrical engineer at my job and his buddy who makes PCB's. Except i will not patent it and if i get it working 100% to my satisifaction i will share info.

i have one biggest concern about these mopeds. will we be able to get them actually registered?

Yeah, I have to agree. Trying to get all secret squirrel with regards to stuff like lighting, especially if it is going to come to the market priced high is a turn off. Good luck with it though, but I think you will find the early adopter crowd here to be a pretty frugal bunch.

I am having really good luck with 12v tool batteries. You can get them cheap with chargers and even some tools! Just got a Ryobi set with a drill and small hand vac for under $30 off CL.

I am using the English made wireless turn signals and they are doing well. I used some off the shelf batteries at first and they didn't last long but have had a set of rechargeables in there for a month now. The problem is that they use aa and aaa batteries so I don't view it as a long term solution. But turn signals are a really nice feature for me because I run my throttle on the left side of the bars.

I really like the low glo lights and this is a good place to shop. http://www.ledunderbody.com/led_int...ogle&ctt_kw=car light&ctt_ch=ps&ctt_entity=kw The setups they sell for motorcycles work fine on bikes also and are 1/3rd of the price of the ones that are for sale specifically for bicycles that I have seen. Who will be the first to get a set in pink?

At some point there will be a method made available to produce 12v via parasitic power from the bikes engine. That will be the big advancement in electronics for MAB's and might be worth patenting.

Perhaps the guy was just feeling excited over his innovation. That's forgivable. but nothing seems to have come of this. It's hard to see what might have been, anyway. It's not like 12 volt lighting is rocket science. The power supply is the real problem. They're either inadequate, heavy or expensive.

If this guy Mike were making headway on that issue, he wasn't saying so. And, for that matter, he probably shouldn't have hinted until he had something concrete to say.

It looks like the big breakthrough isn't happening just yet. Too bad. But maybe it's coming.

Back