Update, Lights, Horn, 12 Volt Solution

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
Mike S;
"ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM". Look it up!
Sometimes it's all to easy to be scolded here. I appeciate your enthusiasm and excitement with your research and development. Don't allow anyone to curb your energy.
I look forward to updates on your system, and applaud anyone putting in the time to give us all more choices. For now, I'll use my camping headlamp (sometimes worn backwards) combined with an LED handlebar light. Rechargeable batteries of course.

Who knows? Maybe he'll come up with something great, make us doubters look silly, and cart away a whole bunch of profit.

And that wouldn't be a bad thing.

"Moped Bicycles?"

:geek:Just my two cents worth, even if, I had all those lights, Maine does NOT register bicycles. It sounds too hi tech for me.

But, on the other hand, why not? One thing that I love to do is solve any idea, and bring it to completion. Once I have an idea, I have to see it through. Maybe he's not out for money, just satisfaction, in following through with his ideas.

Scrollerguy

Thanks Green

In reading your post, I just realized that I can get a 12V bulb for my headlight at an auto parts store. I have been scouring the stores looking for the right bulb. :rolleyes: That's about how I feel right now.

A man just left my shop. He wanted to know where I get my motors, how to build a MB and all the secrets to building a bike. This is how I make my living and most of what I know was learned the hard way. I understand why Mike S dont want to give up his secrets. I did tell him about this wonderful Forum Tho :)

OK, it's been since July 2008- no word.

Believe me, I understand the motivation to protect one's intellectual property, but the best way to do that is simply not to talk about it, especially on the 'net.

I also understand excitement or wanting to build anticipation, but it frustrating to the consumer to seem to promise something...and them have months go by and...nothing. No one is going to wait that long on a hope and a dream. they will go and find their solution elsewhere.

Seems to me there is a bit of a risk to building too soon...if it is not truly innovative, it looks like the same old unkept promises. This hobby/business is filled with retailers who all claim their product is so much better and different from the norm....and only a very, very few are. The rest are the same old thing repackaged with a new new name on the sticker.

Personal opinion- when you are ready to sell, sell- until then....contain your enthusiasm. Coy partial revelations are annoying. But, ultimately, if a supplier wants to give vague descriptions and make claims, it's their right and their money.

In any event, I'm a big fan of innovation, so I hope that there is a real advancement here (and elsewhere where the substance of this post may apply).

For me, I'm not waiting.

Here's an update: I definitely did solve the lighting problem as can be seen from this video: It wasn't easy. After further consideration, I decided not to put it into production due to the cost of the solution, and the fact that motorized bicycles are not legal in Illinois. If I ever conceive of how to reduce the cost of the solution, I would reconsider. Until then I recommend other solutions like batteries for lights.

Not all that informative I must say,was it RubeGoldbergian,hence inordinately expensive?

Back