Upgraded fuel tank- $88.24

After gathering info here and poking around the internet and biding on (and losing) a few small motorcycle tanks on eBay, I found a great tank for my bike. (These are not my tanks and I am not getting anything out if promoting them. I am just passing along the info.)

Check out Pagsta gas tanks on eBay-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAGS...0175537QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

They are metal tanks and have a nice decal and good paint on them. After researching Mini Chopper on the Pagsta website I believe these are 6 liters tanks or 1.58 gallons. The tank is a steal at $25 but the catch is that they don't come with a fuel cap or petcock. The seller provides the links to find the right parts that fit. I bought my petcock and gas cap using those links and they are a perfect match. Having a good looking locking gas cap for your tank is a definite plus.

For the petcock-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0137886995&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

and the gas cap-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0384777072&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

All these items are "buy it now" listings that save you bidding headaches. With shipping you can have a complete tank for $88.24 I strongly recommend these links instead of trying to find anything at your local Honda dealer. I walked in with the tank in hand and figured they would dig around for a while and find things that would fit. :geek: They just gave me blank look and said they really don't keep many parts in stock. The parts guy said that they just look up the model and year and order everything. If it's not a not from the Honda factory with a model number and year, you aren't going to find it.

At first glance the tank may seem a little large for a bike, it is fat but it's not overly tall. With the tank's high tunnel lowered down on your frame it has a factory installed look. Mounting the front of the tank is a breeze. Just buy the proper sized muffler clamp for your frame and mount it with the bolts facing up. Bend a piece of scrap metal into a right angle "U" shape. Bolt the scrap piece on to the clamp and drill holes through the upturned scrap legs matching up with the mounting holes on the bottom front of the tank. The rear of the tank has a flared mounting piece that you will want to narrow it down the size of your frame. With a little work with a hacksaw and dremel tool you can get it down to the right size. There is a large pre-made mounting hole at the back of the tank that I suppose you could put a screw through and mount with a big washer to the frame. I took the easy way out and used a hose clamp to hold it to the frame. The tank is mounted rock solid and I bet you could carry the bike around by the tank.
I hope to have my pictures posted tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is simply too cool! I just ordered one for my next project. I'm doing a bike like an old Indian theme and I'm calling it an "Andian" (I guess you could figure out my name). I was wanting something that would look more like a motorcycle tank than the standard "seam down the middle" type of tanks. If you're looking to get one, you better hurry! only 9 left now!

thanks for the tip!

How about this gas tank

Would anyone be interested in the gas tank I got on my bike? My buddy builds mini-bikes and he orders a bunch of these tanks from overseas. Look at the attached pictures and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 452
  • 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 382
  • 4a.jpg
    4a.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 398
gas tank

He sells them for $75 each. they come in only black finish. they do come with gas cap and petcock though. Also, he told me when I repaint mine just to lightly sand and cover with primer, and paint over. He said that the tanks have bondo over the steel to correct the imperfections, so he warns not to strip it down to bare metal.

Just be sure you can pedal without banging your knees! I have the regular grubee tank and I banged my knee today pedaling. Not too bad though. Check out the wide 1pc cranks from bikeberry or any major vendor if you get the huge tank. Good luck. bet you can ride all day with that big tank.

No, the tank is not the wide it actually is the same width as the stock tank. so by knees do not hit it at all.

Finally got my tank on the Andian. I think it looks great!

Attachments

• Finished1.jpg
    Finished1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 450
  • Finished7.jpg
    Finished7.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 485
Back