Uploading Pictures Problem

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by btf331, Dec 7, 2008.

1. btf331

btf331 Member

Hi all having trouble uploading all the great pictures i took today dont no why i tried in both picture gallerys i think my files are too big how do i fix this?

2. btf331

btf331 Member

Never mind i fixed it...

3. Tom

Tom Active Member

Do you mind sharing your problem/solution? Maybe it would help others who had the same issue?

4. btf331

btf331 Member

Sure

Ok so my problem was my pictures were to big so I downloaded a free ware program and mad the pictures the rightsize.

5. ENO

ENO Member

pic download problem..size does count eh

Hi BTF..Can you let us know the name of the freeware program as I am goin nuts and now pestering admin..thanks..Ian Harding OZ

6. ENO

ENO Member

pic download problem..size does count eh

Hi BTF..Can you let us know the name of the freeware program as I am goin nuts and now pestering admin..thanks..Ian Harding OZ

7. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

8. BoltsMissing

BoltsMissing Active Member

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  9. ENO

ENO Member

Photo Resizer

Sorry guys..should have been more lateral..Found program called SHRINK PICTURES..select RESIZE..then 600 PIXELS...ABRACADABRA........but MBC would still not download for me and kept saying "Security Token missing" ..Bloody **** ...is it me?..another note to admin...just pulled out 8 ounces of hair ..now partially bald on one side..Ian OZ

10. Tom

Tom Active Member

What exactly are you trying to do?

11. ENO

ENO Member

Photo Upload Fixed

Tom...Somehow it sorted itself out..I think the problem was that I wasnt "thumbnailing" the pics and so they werent 600 size..Used Shrink Pictures. Thanks for your quick response and help..Will now let you get on with other more important stuff than dealing with a "Techno Challenged" doof..thanks

12. loquin

loquin Active Member

You can use Paint, too. Open the pic with paint. resize the pic with Image Stretch and Skew - set a percentage (50%, or 25%) on both horizontal and vertical stretching - just be sure the percentage is the same. save under a new name. Then, upload the new file.

Note that you might have a JPEG file, which isn't that big (in a purely Kilobyte way) because jpg has compression, but it still might not upload. The image size that has to be shrunk is the number of horizontal and vertical pixels.