Upper Southeast Alaska

Thank You for sharing your pics!

They brought back a lot of good memories. I grew up and lived on Adak, Alaska from 1970-1974. My Dad was stationed there back when he was in the Navy. I remember seeing Bears, Seals, Salmon and Caribou all the time.

I was mis-quoted in the article.:???: They quote me as saying, "I'm crazy, but I'm not dumb." I really think I said, "I may be crazy, but I'm not dumb." :)

Last evening I decided to attend an event at the Chilkat Center For The Arts. That meant making my 33 mile commute through Bear Central at 0-dark thirty. My lighting system is marginal for riding at night. Sure could have used a jacuzzi for the tense muscles when I got home.

Winter is here

Wish I had my snow bike done. No riding today. Unless they decide to run the snow plows, there may be no driving today.

101_1144_1.jpg

man,

van i feel for you bud we are having a mini heat wave down hear in the upper 80's all week and nice and fresh come mornings..

Alaska

It seems that Alaska being way up there, you would think that it would probable beat ole Maine in the snow dept. While actually, Portland, Maine has more snowfall than Anchorage, Alaska. Scrollerguy in Maine

my heart is with ya while my behind is sitting next to the heater van burr! i wish i was there with ya actually! big country, big adventure!!

There are the positive aspects. This morning, on the way to town, I saw 3 Black bears, On the way home I saw a Coyote. That's in addition to the hundreds of Eagles feeding on the spawned out salmon.

Back