USA is up to its old tricks.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by darwin, Apr 7, 2014.

1. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

2. BigBlue

BigBlue Active Member

Pure speculation, but it may be part of a defense strategy - Destroy and/or cripple satellites or possibility prevent any space launches if necessary. Eliminate any countries ability to use satellite communications or tracking systems. I am sure it is used to monitor other countries satellites and telecommunications. Probably monitor satellite telephony to target terrorist organizations. Just another part of the continued cyber warfare. Instead of armies, guns, tanks, airplanes, missiles and ships, it is now electronic warfare.

Chris
    AKA: BigBlue

3. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Remember the movie Moonraker? It's a dangerous world out there. China want's to flex its muscles, bad for business though.

4. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

You know what ****es me off? We want to put sanctions on every mutha ****er out there who doesn't tow our line. Soon there will be no one left to trade with..............our way isn't the only way. Just like rap music sucks but I live with it, reluctantly.

5. Aidan

Aidan New Member

As I've discovered, rap is an aquired taste :)

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. My guess is spying (the u.s. Just loves that) and missile defense. I'm not an engineer so I won't guess how it works, but both those things seem like the logical purpose for something like that.

Or it could just be there to freak other countries out, if china thinks we have a spy bomber in space they may think twice about ICBM tests and the like.

6. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

That sounds much closer to the truth, and henceforth the reason why the US of A desperately needs to spy like crazy on the rest of the world to stay ahead of the development curve of emergent but highly secret military technology.

The only way a country can threaten the rest of the world to maintain global (economic and military) hegemony is to out develop the "so called" enemy's technical development curve or to acquire secret technology from the so called "enemy" and put that technology into production before the "enemy" can complete their production development cycle.

The only problem with that concept (trying to out compete the rest of the world) is the unimaginable cost to the country and in turn, sapping the life out of the ordinary tax payer who is getting beaten over the head (and sometimes beaten into the ground) to provide ever greater tax revenue to fund the staggering cost of global military primacy.

7. Aidan

Aidan New Member

Sounds familiar. We spend almost 700 billion a year on our military budget, that's just too much.

8. BigBlue

BigBlue Active Member

Interesting that we transfer our wealth to other countries by buying their cheap products. Then we allow them to steal our economic and military secrets, wreck havoc on the banking industry and pollute our environment. We then have to spend more money on defense to counter the threats by our trading partners. Sounds like we should have ended some of these relationships along time ago.

Sad thing is, we do the same thing with drug consumption. We transfer our wealth to the drug cartels. They then become a threat to the communities and create a large pool of addicts. Then we spend more money on law enforcement, incarceration and treatment.

The US spends $700 billion on the military budget, but that doesn't include other programs supporting the military industrial complex and $600 billion on drug addiction. I think there are better ways to spend at least $1.3 trillion dollars a year.

Chris
    AKA: BigBlue

9. Aidan

Aidan New Member

If we ended the war on drugs and the military Cold War with the world, may we could affor a proper education system that doesn't only serve the rich.

10. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

But then the private military subcontractors wouldn't make monumental profits; numbering in the billions of dollars. Also the secret black budget programs wouldn't be able to fund their projects; sourced directly from the profits of the drug trade, and private prisions wouldn't make eye watering profits from incarceration policy.

It's one big self licking ice cream cone of profits; to the detriment of the health and well being of not only the people but the entire country.

By definition, that economic model and the men allowing it to happen is best described by the word "treason".