Official USABikeMotors Reviews (No longer in operation)

Discussion in 'Dealer Reviews' started by Anton, Mar 16, 2009.

?

Please rate your experience w/ USABikeMotors: (You MUST post a review if you vote)

1. 5 - Excellent

80.0%
  2. 4 - Above Average

20.0%
  3. 3 - Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2 - Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 - Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

2. hillofbeans

hillofbeans New Member

Discovered USABikeMotors on Craigslist the beginning of this year before they had a permanent web site. Being a thrifty ex-yankee, I'd done lots of homework before choosing a motor brand, and the parts and accessories that go with it. Many lengthy letters back and forth with Joel, and several phone conversations before I committed to Grubee Starfire products. I am confident with the continued improvements these kits offer, and the good variety of parts and dress up additions USA provides. Shipping is fast, product is well packed, and complete with extras that make installations on odd frame tube sizes much easier. Having a lot of fun with my latest GT4 engine kit. Sweet little motor. I would prefer better throttle assemblies and the longer chain tensioner body for more adjustment possibilities before shortening chain. They get an 'excellent' from me for all the best reasons, and largely because they are a family business with a great deal of experience in this growing field. This includes the near legendary 'Fred Seven', his talent with innovations, and direct access to Don Grubee.
    How can you go wrong?

3. lordoflightaz

lordoflightaz Member

Review of USABikeMotors:

Product: "GEN II 50cc Standard (StarFire)" Price was reasonable, has new way of attaching clutch, hole in block which can bite you if you don't get the cable fully inserted because you can't see it nice adjustment on the cable is great. Bigger 2.5L gas tank. Carb attaches directly, no intake manifold, taking it off is a pain. Wider mounting made it easy to install on bike. Plate on engine says 50cc which in AZ is a bad idea.
    Customer Service: I had no issues.
    Technical Service: I asked questions and got answers. The instructions dreck, hidden under styrofoam packing. I think they would be best served to put the instructions on their website for download
    Ordering/Shipping: Simple easy, fast. I ordered it Friday afternoon and Joel must have put it in a rocket it landed here Saturday afternoon used USPS, Packaging was very good.
    Website: eCommerce type site, (Zen, and it does have a zen feel)
    Overall: It worked for me. I would like to see more gear, like the automatic clutch engine. Living in AZ and buying in AZ has a downside, TAX, but such is life.

Note: The Catalytic muffler fell apart, person riding bike did not pick up the pieces so I had to swap in a different muffler (no fault of USABikeMotors) I built this bike for a guy that had his stolen so I don't know what kind of break in it is going to get.

4. javelina1

javelina1 Member

I've only purchased upgrade components from USABikeMotors. Shipment was very fast, and the products were as expected. I've exchanged several emails with Joel throughout, and he's extremely helpful, shares his knowledge, and responds very quickly.

I live in AZ, so I didn't get the typical tax free benefit. But I can deal with that. :D

I bought a Grubee II engine from a distributor of USABikeMotors, (Joel is down south in Tucson, and I'm in the Phx area). The engine kit came with everything I expected.

Next time I'm in Tucson, I plan to swing by his shop and visit.

overall, I'd give Joel and shop an excellent.

-Jav

5. Gene

Gene Member

There are a lot of motors out there that are not worth owning at all. then there are ones that have a better track record but still are not good. In one example a well respected distributor delivered 4 of them all with serious problems. USA Bike motors is distributor of the Gruubee/China Gas Motors. From all feedback so far those with these motors report the least problems. On the contrary they seem to be pretty good.

6. occchopperfl

occchopperfl Member

Customer Service Review:

***** 5 STARS !!!

Just got off the phone with the Owners - Father and Son Team - William and Joel.

I was inquiring about the Grubee GT1 and GT2 Bicycles with shipping...

All I can say is that they were one of the few nicest, helpful and patient vendors that I have come in contact with.

(not to say that other vendors were bad)

They are a Grubee 2 Stroke Retailer, and they would be a good choice for your MB needs. :)

7. occchopperfl

occchopperfl Member

Customer Service Review:

***** 5 STARS !!!

Just got off the phone with the Owners - Father and Son Team - William and Joel.

I was inquiring about the Grubee GT1 and GT2 Bicycles with shipping...

All I can say is that they were one of the few nicest, helpful and patient vendors that I have come in contact with.

(not to say that other vendors were bad)

They are a Grubee 2 Stroke Retailer, and they would be a good choice for your MB needs. :)

8. occchopperfl

occchopperfl Member

They were so nice, I posted it twice! :)

oops - sorry for the double post.