Using Bike Shifter??

I got a new carb, exhaust, CDI, and spark plug so I'm going to install all that and see where we stand. Might take the engine apart and clean stuff up, heard these engines aren't super well polished. Just trying to get this engine to go as fast as possible at mid throttle and seeing if I cant get the power at lower RPMs up. Car broke down and getting a new one is seeming impossible and this bike is all I have now.
It seems like a scooter is what would suit you better. You can find a used scooter from the big 4 for not too much. Hell, a new pcx has an msrp below 5k. The used car market is crazy these days and it seems impossible to find a car that isn't stolen, junk, overpriced or all at the same time.

I got a new carb, exhaust, CDI, and spark plug so I'm going to install all that and see where we stand. Might take the engine apart and clean stuff up, heard these engines aren't super well polished. Just trying to get this engine to go as fast as possible at mid throttle and seeing if I cant get the power at lower RPMs up. Car broke down and getting a new one is seeming impossible and this bike is all I have now.
The thing is with a shifter bike it won't give you more top end speed but it can give you a higher average speed. These engines work best at a certain rpm range. A shifter bike allows you to be in that rpm range while at full throttle.

For example on my 4 stroke 33cc engine it max hp is at 7000 rpm and the max torque is at 5000 rpm. So using my tach I stay in a gear where I'm between 6000-7000 rpm. The red line is at 8000 rpm, clutch engagement is at 4000 rpm, and idle is at 3000 rpm.

If I'm doing 7000 rpm at full throttle in a particular gear, shifting to a higher won't make me go any faster. What it'll do is increase the workload on the engine causing the rpm to drop. In fact it may even slow me down slightly.

It seems like a scooter is what would suit you better. You can find a used scooter from the big 4 for not too much. Hell, a new pcx has an msrp below 5k. The used car market is crazy these days and it seems impossible to find a car that isn't stolen, junk, overpriced or all at the same time.
I have 400 dollars.

The used car market is crazy these days and it seems impossible to find a car that isn't stolen, junk, overpriced or all at the same time.
It all depends how you look at things. It's not super hard to find a cheap classic car that needs a little love. I just bought a running 1963 dodge dart for 2000 (it was from my dad, but he was charging that for anyone 😆). It only needs 200 bucks in parts. What it needed was wheels cylinders, flex lines, and some fuel line. It is the prettiest, it has rust and peeling paint, but it runs strong and drives good.

Back