USX HD Trike staton + friction drive

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by JFK, May 14, 2010.

1. JFK

JFK New Member

Just finished my trike last night, I have a GXH50 with staton gear box and Robin friction drive up front.

I took this for a test drive last night, with the rear drive engaged it's powerful, adding the friction drive, it's unstoppable.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2010

2. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Whoa. You must be planning to haul some heavy loads, or just plain haul:cool: . Good looking build.

3. JFK

JFK New Member

Thanks

This trike unfortunately only has a top end of 20 MPH so those motor are just power.

I am working on a connector so I can link friends bikes to my trike when they are tired and I can tow them.

There are some crazy steep hills nearby and I'm going to give this bike the test today, see what it can do. :)

4. vegaspaddy

vegaspaddy Member

Nice job JFK, BRUT!!!!!!!!!! of a trike,

have you decided how you are going to tow those other bikes yet....this crossbar conversion post might be a good way to go.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Allen-Bicycle-Adaptor-Bar/10812004

maybe give you a good base to start with if you havnt any ideas floating around.

5. JFK

JFK New Member

Thanks Vegaspaddy :)

I haven't figured out how to connect the bikes yet, but I want to not only tow them but make them where they can pedel in tandem with my bike, kinda like a heavy duty "Trailgator "

I need their front tire in the air, with maybe a saddle or lock in like those bicycle trainers bolts do.

If anyone has any ideas, I would be appreciative. :D

6. vegaspaddy

vegaspaddy Member

That trailgator looks promising, its going to take alot of tinkering to get this setup working for you, but thats half the fun with these things anyhow !!!!!!