Utilizing the derailleur gear system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is encouraging you to buy just letting you know what's out there. Seeing how others have done it may help you to formulate ideas.

I wasn't referring to your private message kerf, but others who mention the same product and website after it's been posted in the thread 4 times already.

The jackshaft and derailleur kit is probably 10 bucks in parts or less and sells for $200. They are selling tiny sprockets on their site for 20 bucks when they sell for 1.50-3.00 everywhere else..

My turn! SurplusCenter.com

The interesting thing about their system is the freewheel that allows the pedals to be used. The engine can turn the bicycle chain without turning the pedals. Said you had a 49cc engine, what kind is it.

It doesn't have a name on it but I have yet to look on the underside.

I wish their site had better pictures of the parts.

Is it a Happy Time or just a stand alone two stroke, I recall you said it came off a scooter.

It came off a sit down scooter you might see at a wal-mart or k-mart. It's pretty much for kids cruising around their neighborhoods, and not a commuter vehicle.

It's dark outside so I'll scour it for some type of name tomorrow

Ok but keep in mind with a 26" wheel, you'll need 20-21/1 total gear reduction, going to be tough running into the small sprockets of a dérailleur.

I'm going to look for a 24 inch or smaller derailleur bike, but yeah, gear ratio was a problem but I figured I had my math right but was unsure because of how difficult it is to visualize gear ratio effects.

If I put the math here very clearly detailed, would anyone be willing to double check it?

a reason folks keep mentioning sickbike is that two members designed and engineered an american made product that does just what you asked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back