V-twin (vee twin, V Twin, twin cylinder) Happy Time style engine

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Fabian, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009

2. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

hahaha!
    what a hoax!

3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Is it necessarily a hoax?

It looks as though he hooked up two happy times to one output. I can think of a handful of reasons, and there are surely others I haven't thought of, that it might not work well but it looked as though it was actually running.

Fitting it into a standard bike frame is bound to be a headache.

4. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Anything can be set up in photoshop but it looks real enough

Attached Files:

5. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

It's not a hoax, but it is not yet in production. The crankshaft gears both turn the same large reduction gear. One of the issues is that when the engine is killed, it has been shearing keys....but there are fixes for that. It's a prototype, but real. I have seen it elsewhere with comments from the inventor.

6. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

No doubt he's got two HT's siamesed and running, but the output gear just seemingly connected to nothing looks real suspicious. (in the video, that is)

Also - the ports on one of the cylinders will naturally not line up. Don't know how he sealed up that joint, but it certainly isn't any good for performance!

Before I would invest the time to put something like that in production, I would be casting super hisgh quality heads, jugs and crankcases.

7. skjjoe

skjjoe Member

they are working on it it wont be available until next year

8. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Member

Gotta love the name. (2 dang funny, "ACME Labs") I am ordering as soon as they have em ready.

9. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

I've been getting my giant magnets, roller skates and magnetic roadrunner seed from them for years.

10. skjjoe

skjjoe Member

dont forget the instant hole

11. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Member

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Acme-Labs/lib/Acme/Labs.pm

2, and I mean 2 funny.

Hough, elsewhere I posted a link to a fictitious lawsuit. Wylie Coyote V. ACME labs. ( a civil suit) Ya gotta read it councilor! Cracked me up. turns out jet propelled roller skates can be harmful. Who knew?

12. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Member

Joe! The "Instant hole"!!! how cool is that!? and works exactly half the time and only when you don't need it!!! I have 3

13. DougC

DougC Guest

Just a nitpick.... this would not seem to be a V-twin or a V-2.
    I would think it was a W-2, having two crankshafts as it does.

Still rather nifty though.
    ~

14. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Member

The ultimate vengeance MB! (not a V1 or V2 but a "UVMB")

15. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

a "W-Twin".........

I like it.

It might make even the Harley crowd feel as though they're missing something. Not an easy task.

16. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

The ACME instant holes come in handy for tailgaiters - just flip one behind you and your problem is gone!

17. Snake Bite

Snake Bite Member

Cool Beans..

Hey Fabian,, I dig That Gig.. Right On red rider Helmutt

18. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

I like what they are up to! The sounds reminds me of the Yamaha RD series motorcycles.