Vendor review section

Discussion in 'Dealer Reviews' started by Pablo, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

No problem with the rules:

In fact the rules are great.

But two questions:

1) Why is this area so underused by members? I think it's one of the best, most unique well thought out areas. Maybe typical I guess, people don't respond to surveys and such at a high rate.

2) Why am I now locked out from reviewing suppliers and posting there? (Is this imposed on all suppliers?)

2. kerf

kerf Guest

You bring up two good questions, I can't see where you would be prohibited, unless there's a list of unpublished rules. As to the other one, I'm at a loss.

Just about everyone on this forum has or will buy and engine kit or parts for one. They will have some type of experience with a vendor, why they are reluctant to share that information is a mystery. My feeling is that personal opinions are only anecdotal in them selves but when you string 30 or more together a statical pattern will emerge that will have real weight.
  3. spunout

spunout Member

i think so. i was able to leave some positive reviews (and still have a few positive i could leave), then the forum topic was locked to me.
    i'm assuming that someone felt it might be 'unfair' for a vendor to post reviews of other vendors. possible sabotage, perhaps.
  4. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

I'm just slow. I'll post reviews only after I've used a product for a while. And sometimes I buy stuff that I think I might use in a future project. So a review may happen a long time after the purchase. Also, many of the "old hands" probably have relationships with particular vendors, and therefore don't peruse the reviews before buying.