Venice Rat Rod Lowrider

Here's my Felt, 'Rat Rod Lowrider' that I built for a 'Biker Build Off' contest.
The contest ended with this bike in a tie for first place!

It started life as a stock Felt El Guapo cruiser, then I chopped it up!
I did everything myself, including cutting & welding the frame, exaust, in frame gas tank & re-lacing a 26" front wheel for my disc brake set.
The engine is offset 9/16" for tire/ chain clearance.

These are the before & after pics...

felt.jpg

feltrunning2-1.jpg

feltrunning3-1.jpg

That looks amazing!! I too am planning on converting my felt frame into a in frame gas tank. What did you end up using for the gas cap? How did you plug the holes in the top tube?

Thank you

That looks amazing!! I too am planning on converting my felt frame into a in frame gas tank. What did you end up using for the gas cap? How did you plug the holes in the top tube?

Thank you

To cover the holes, I used JB Weld & covered it with tape until it dried... Then I used Kream tank liner to line the tank with 8 coats!
I used a brass hose fitting for the cap & filler & welded a stock outlet tube to the frame...

very cool ride, have you riden the bike and how is it to ride ??

Yep, I put about 80 miles on it before i sold it.
It runs great & has lots of power, but it's a little uncomfortable on long rides because of how low the seat is. (It was built to be a show winner... comfort took a back seat!) :whistle: :giggle:

Back