VERY Fast Motorized Bikes!!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Bzura, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Bzura

Bzura Member

I saw this yesterday evening on local Craigslist. I was very intrigued so I sent a very polite email asking the guy how he makes the engines so fast. I told him I have one that looks just like that (carb & exhaust look the same, but mine only pushes about 25mph) and that I wanted to know what kind of mods he did to the engine to make it go 60mph.

I was genuinely interested in talking to this guy until I got his response. In a nutshell he called me trailer trash, he told me my China crap engines & Cheap Chinese bike I use are nothing like his, and that if I look at the picture I'll see the brand "Schwinn" and that means quality. There were a bunch of other insults in there as well. My favorite non-profanity was (...you Dum Dum!)

I wasn't going to reply, but I did. I simply told him that I didn't expect such hostility to a simple question, and that I was a potential customer until I received his reply. His response - more insults. A long email told me about his stock car trophies, his gun making abilities & he challenged my knowledge on both subjects. He did tell me that he "engineers & machines" these engines himself. That's why they are nothing like mine. My last email was just to thank him for his time.

Anyone bored & want to find out how his 50cc engines go 60MPH? Let me know if you find out. Peace!

http://allentown.craigslist.org/bik/4182849517.html

2. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

Most probably he replied with hostility because he couldnt honestly tell you how he modified the engines because HE WAS LYING! 60mph, yeah right :thinking:

3. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

You're a kind person, don't sweat him.Unless he could tell you more (in great detail) there's nothing special I can see about any part of the set-up (grubee/china-girl).If he did something to the insides, he'd be happy to explain, considering the asking price.I would like to ask him if I can drive next to him to confirm the 60mph, until then, he's "all blow,... and no go".

4. tom-fishing

tom-fishing Member

Poor boy must have fallen out of bed and hit his head, got up dazed and took the wrong meds and now is hearing strange voices in his head. Either that or his BS valve is broken.

5. Bzura

Bzura Member

I just got a laugh out of the ad & then I got an even bigger laugh from his responses. I'm a live & let live kind of guy. Otherwise I might have invited him down to my house for one of his demos & really had some fun with him.:cool: But I have better things to do with my time than harass some poor, delusional guy who's just trying to rip people off.

6. LR Jerry

LR Jerry Well-Known Member

Pennsylvania law
    Title 75 chapter 1 General Provisions definitions 102

Motor-driven cycle." A motorcycle, including a motor scooter, with a motor which produces not to exceed five brake horsepower.

"Motorized pedalcycle." A motor-driven cycle equipped with operable pedals, a motor rated no more than 1.5 brake horsepower, a cylinder capacity not exceeding 50 cubic centimeters, an automatic transmission, and a maximum design speed of no more than 25 miles per hour or an electric motor-driven cycle equipped with operable pedals and an automatic transmission powered by an electric battery or battery pack-powered electric motor with a maximum design speed of no more than 25 miles per hour.

Here is his ad.

I build motorized bicycles on full frame bicycles. Perhaps you have a favorite 10 speed or Mountain bike. I can build that into a 50cc wonder provided the frames physical features permit the mounting of such and engine. I will be available in 2 weeks to do a demo at your home or place of business. These are custom built pieces on conventional everyday bicycles but they are not for children. These bikes are capable of 60mph plus and people should use helmets and common sense. There is no license or insurance needed they are street legal to own and drive use 2 cycle gas mixes. I have a 68cc monster I am in the drawing board engineering stages of building more solid wheel mounts and picking a model of bike that will tolerate it's greater outputs. My bikes start at $1,800.00 and up for Mountain bikes. I have touring bikes with fenders and rear racks and cargo totes as well. These bikes get 149 miles per gallon of gas. They are no joke and very underestimated.

So as you can see he either doesn't know Pennsylvania's laws or he's lying to people about the legal aspects. So if he'll lie about that then he's lying about how fast he can make these bikes go. He just got angry when another builder was exposing him for the fraud he is.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  7. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

as long as he doesn't put a centrifugal clutch on it, the law doesn't say anything about his bikes, since he has no automatic transmission

8. LR Jerry

States laws define what vehicles they allow on their public roadways. If a vehicle doesn't fall within one the parameters of what they allow on the public roadways then the vehicle is considered for off road and/or private property use only.

In Pennsylvania's laws in order to be considered a motor driven cycle. It must be built by a certified manufacture. In order to be a motorized peddlecycle it must have an automatic transmission, be under 50 cc and have peddles. An individual can build a motorized peddlecycle.

In Pennsylvania's laws if it uses a manual clutch and/or is over 50 cc and isn't made by a certified manufacture then its considered an off road vehicle.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  9. Stoltzee

Stoltzee Member

Aye! the poor lad felt as though he was going 60 mph. tsk. tsk. tsk.

Reminds me of an add I saw on "Craigslist" Selling copies of movies.

10. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

:iagree:

:iagree: and we "all know" that he wasn't going 60 mph without serious gravity assistance i.e riding the bike down the side of a cliff face, or throwing the bike from a high flying aircraft.

11. LR Jerry

I'm sure his bikes don't include a properly adjusted bicycle computer/speedometer.

12. Bzura

Bzura Member

I was just going to leave this guy alone, but I woke up this morning & found this charming email from him - literally out of nowhere. I never argued with him, just asked what made his bikes go so fast. My only response to today's tirade was, "If I keep replying to your emails it will be like arguing with a 3rd grader." Obviously with this guy's edumacation he didn't study very much grammar...

You can't argue with intellect you are not in my league no matter where you went to school okay. If you want that cheapo junk on the web sites fine its what it is.. It's not re-engineered to keep working okay.. I went to Lehigh University first in 1983 Penn State second 1985 and the Pensacola Naval air station where I got my pilots license in 1985 when i was 19 i was i flying A-6s already. Now tell me about your career about and what you know.. My bikes are made with re-machined and re-engineered part that I MAKE.. The CHINESE DO NOT MAKE WHAT I MAKE FROM NICHOL STEEL STEEL... DO YU KNOW WHAT NICHOL STEEL IS... Look that up on the web okay.... My names behind the patent.. And your name is behind what?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  13. LR Jerry

Even if he is a engineering genus he still doesn't know Pennsylvania's laws for motorized bicycles. Therefore he's sitting himself up for a lawsuit. One should never put the phrase "street legal" in an ad. Especially if you plan to sell outside of your state. Because the laws for motorized bicycles vary greatly from state to state. So if someone gets a ticket for improper vehicle on the public road ways they can sue him since he said the bike was street legal.

14. grinningremlin

I feel sorry for anyone buying his stuff!Why, I ask you WHY, would a person COMPLETELY re-engineer the insides to beyond God specs, while leaving the cylinder and everything else china-girl crap?Screams of BS; also, anytime someone is touting everything else but the thing they're selling, something's fishy.I again suggest someone ask about driving next to him to prove the 60+mph assertion, I bet he don't go for it.
    PS: you should ask for DIRECT links to his so-called patent.If it's true he should proudly give you his name, and web link,... don't hold your breath.

LR Jerry likes this.
  15. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

16. max350

max350 Member

There is no problem driving 60 mph with a bicycle, just choose the right engine :) :devilish:

17. grinningremlin

Funny, but true.You can make a brick fly with enough thrust, but he's showing a cast AL throw-away/dixie-cup engine and stating "60+ mph", not likely.

18. LR Jerry

5 or more horsepower multiple gears 60 mph no problem. However since he's not a certified manufacture then he can't build a street legal motor driven cycle in Pennsylvania. The fact the his bike has a manual clutch means it can't be called a motorized peddlecycle in Pennsylvania either. Therefore he doesn't have something which is street legal.

19. locksmith

locksmith Member

we should have some fun with this guy. anyone want me to send him an email?

i want to invite him to my trailer park to demo a 60mph schwinn

20. max350

max350 Member

Why are so many upset when someone claims that they run xx mph? why bother?