Very new to the motorized bicycle world-->7G 1st build!

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Corster001, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Corster001

Corster001 New Member

Hi all,

I recently found out about this awesome world of motorizing bicycles about a month ago. As soon as I saw my first one, I had to try! Here are a few pics of how my first project turned out. Please comment and let me know what you think as this website was a huge help with some of the issues I had to find solutions to during my build. Thanks and look forward to seeing what you think...... plan on building a trike next!

Attached Files:

2. 2old2learn

2old2learn Member

Very nice for your first build. I know you will have fun on it. Be careful, wear a helmet.
    Corster001 likes this.
  3. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

Nice build.
    The cover cut-outs and silver paint are nice touches.
    Thumbs Up ;-}

Just a couple of tips about the 7G...
    Keep that bronze (oillite) bushing supporting your clutch bell on the engine shaft well oiled, and run your belt as loose as it can go and not jump.

This will prolong the eminent failure of the clutch, which you will hear coming when it starts sounding like this monkey, on crack, at triple speed, when you are at idle...

The 7G is a knock-off of the 4G but has nice features like a T-belt and concentric output for belt adjustment and can work fine if cared for, I just figured you could the use the tips.
  4. Leroybrown420

Leroybrown420 Member

5. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate New Member

That is a beautiful looking bike, good job.
  6. Corster001

Corster001 New Member

Hi all!

I just want to thank everyone on the kind words and info you all have provided! I recently made a few changes to the bike by taking off the chain guard on the left side and front of the engine cover as I put on a flex poo poo that I think turned out very nice. I thought the chain guard on the left was taking away from the natural lines of the bike but let me know what you all think?

So i was stuck at the 27.8mph range before the exhaust and finally broke 30.01mph yesterday while taking the bike for a 10 mile cruise around the neighborhood. I think 30-35mph is plenty fast for me with these bikes and if I want to go faster then that, I will hop on the Harley to do so...

I will be posting some updated pics shortly on what the bike looks like with the new exhaust, so please let me know what you think. Thanks all and take care!!

7. Corster001

Corster001 New Member

Updated pics with new exhaust

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  8. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

Neat looking bike but way wrong exhaust.
    That is the cheesy 2-stroke expansion chamber for 2-stroke eniges.
    You want an open free flow as a 4-stoke has an exhaust valve and all that pipe does is try to shove it back into the engine.

Dandy for a 2-stroke, not good for a 4-stroke as it hurts more than it helps performance.

But still, better than the stock engine can exhaust and it looks cool ;-}
  9. dave420

dave420 New Member

nice job !
  10. The_Aleman

The_Aleman Active Member

I agree with the exhaust comment. Just remove the black expansion and attach the muffler directly to the end of the flexpipe.

Will run optimum that way! Nice build, might want to check the valve clearance sometime, too.
  11. MotoMagz

MotoMagz Member

Nice job .. What is that exhaust made from? I too have to agree with the others on the exhaust.. But it's not like your racing the bike so leave it if you like the look.. You could also drill out the baffle on the cigar muffler for better flow. I like the belt cover it reminds me of the back side of a centrifugal clutch. I Would just say GET a SHIFT Kit when you get board !