very temped to take off, guys.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by eltatertoto, Jul 17, 2008.

1. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

ive had about 5 different people offer me cash for my bikes. i gotta tell ya the way i have ben dealing with fixing these things every 3 seconds i gotta tell ya a moped is looking mighty sweet right now. (especially with the heat) 94 with 100% humidity the other dayill try t hang on guys, but i just dont know. i need reliable we speak i only have 1 working bike, and even that is on its way out. s-ray=flat 4stroke= carb and the electric s-ray= flat and my 1st bike is leaking fuel, and the clutch is getting pretty bad, even with every adjustment known to man.

dunno guys, i just dunno.

2. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi; sell what you have built and get enough to buy a gebe. thats my plan.
  3. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Tater, tinkering with these bikes is one of the charms of owning these little motors. As to the flats, get yourself thornproof tubes if you haven't yet.
    If you do sell one or more bikes to get a moped, don't worry, we won't disown you! :lol:
    Actually, I consider a moped just another variation of the motored bike theme. It's little different than a Whizzer or any other motoredbike in concept if not function. It just looks different.
  4. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

My friction drive kit is reliable, on any given day if I need to go its ready and I can count on it. The only things I need to check regularly are the nuts n bolts and air pressure to make sure the psi is correct. I only check the hardware for safe riding rarely do I need to tighten something.
  5. lennyharp

lennyharp Member

I have knobby tires with thorn resistant tubes and slime. No flat problem in over 1000 miles of riding so far. I have a Staton-inc inside drive gearbox and a Robin Subaru EHO35 with a 48 spoke wheel from David Staton. I have about $1000.00 tied up in what I consider very dependable transportation. The bike is a racing mountain bike I got on ebay for $150.00 and is part of my expense as is gas of a $$grand. The whole thing is built with an eye on dependability since I use it for work most days. I cannot afford to go back to automobiles, I would have spent $200.00 on just gas for my truck. And I would have needed to buy register and insure another vehicle. This beats a Vespa, Harley, Ford or what ever in my book. I figure in 2 months I may have spent 12 hours of maintenance time tinkering with the bike and motor. Just a necessary part of the transportation equation.
  6. sjackson

sjackson Member

eltatertoto, what kind of 4-stroke is it? If it's a grubee frame mount, I'd take it off your hands. ;)
  7. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

I'm afraid this might sound like your dad talking , but.. Tater, you may find that jumping a moped may adversely effect it's reliability too. Please don't take this comment too seriously. Keep in mind that I ride like a maniac.
  8. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

well, if i sell a bike it would be the electric s-ray 1st then probablly either the stingray or the 4 stroker, but i think ill always keep my murray, because of sentimental value. it is my very 1st bike. as for tires te stingrays have 3 1/2 inch tires and they dont make anything after market for them. just what schwinn sells.

to be honest, i really have a sentimental attachment to all of my bikes but i hate to see em go. that s-ray is about a $700 bike right now with all the **** ive bought for it. murray is about 600 and 4 stroke is about 450. and i know the max would be like 350 for one..........

oh, and van i know that was stupid but considering i never ramped a ramp in my life and i got bad ankles i really wanted to do this. (you wont be seeing me do that again any time soon lol)