Vetec banned

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Turtle Tedd, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

I did not catch any of this...why was Vetec banned??..is it temporary or permanent ??

2. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

It's temporary. He'll be back tomorrow. As to the reason, let's just say that a difference of opinion with another member got out of hand.

3. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

vtec is being listed as "Banned"

Hope this is not true for he was a great contributor to the forum

4. PatrickW

PatrickW Staff Member

Perhaps, he came back and get banned again?

5. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

His account has been activated again after some discussion. There's been no activity from him since his ban was lifted.

6. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

His e-mail address is no longer in service.

7. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

SimpleSimon, can you send me his current email address in a PM if you so happen to have it.

8. SimpleSimon

The address is defunct. It contains within it information I will decline to share, absent his consent to do so. Which I currently have no means to obtain.

I could find direct contact information for him and call him rather easily, but in my opinion that is more intrusive than is acceptable

9. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Ok, so can you send him smoke signals in morse code. Tell him that i'm wishing to have him participate in the forum, otherwise you could PM his phone number and i'll be only too happy to be intrusive. I'm sure he will be happy to make contact again.

SS, can you somehow think of a way of getting such information to vtec. Please use your expansive intellect to find such a method.

10. SimpleSimon

Fabian, I am unwilling to intrude upon others privacy. I have sufficient information to obtain a phone number for the lad fairly readily, but decline to do so.

11. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

SS, have you thought of dropping a letter in his letter box. This is in no way intrusive and gets the job done.
    vtec would most likely appreciate the interest others are showing at having him back in the forum.

I for one would most certainly like him to be back in here, but if i send smoke signals from Australia, they would most likely end up looking like Chinese characters by the time they get to America.

12. SimpleSimon

Again, to do so would require intrusive action on my part, as it would require that I investigate further to obtain a postal address. I decline.

13. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I feel a sense of loss SimpleSimon, if we can't let vtec know he is welcome back on this site.

Just like yourself, being a great contributor to the forum, vtec was an equally great contributor, and i always looked forward to both of your posts on the site and the backwards and forwards banter.

14. SimpleSimon

I miss the lad's contributions myself, Fabian, but he has a right to privacy which I respect. My desire to exchange repartee with him does not trump that right.

15. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

What about a sideways idea SimpleSimon.

If you have knowledge of where vtec works, i could try sending an email to the companies general email address; it might just get to his inbox.
    Maybe that's another way of making contact, otherwise you may know some of vtecs friends/acquaintances and get a message to him using such an option.

Surely there must be a way, or an around abouts way of getting in contact without doing so directly.

I am hoping you can find such leeway regarding this important discussion.