Vibration Micargi

you'd be amazed how much glass I've broken because my bench grinder shook it off the table

no. no, i wouldnt :p

been there, done that...we never learn, do we? :giggle:

how much alcohol has been wasted due to a vibrating bench! oh NO!!!!!

now, i wouldnt be drinking while working would i? :giggle:

Here is a close up of how its mounted..the other pic was a lil far away..the bike also has a 56 tooth maniac sprocket...so it revs up quick..im just now seeing that on the exhaust pipe ..one of the studs is a lil bit stripped...so the pipe may not be on very tight ..that may be 1 reason why its vibrating..but could be other reasons as well.

Attachments

• SAM_1947.jpg
    SAM_1947.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 126
is the muffler actually secured to anything or is it just left to flop about all it wants?

I was thinking that too..its one of those silly poopoo pipes..it not secured to anything..it seems like its on tight but when engine is revved up..im sure it may be causeing trouble

Attachments

• SAM_1948.jpg
    SAM_1948.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 142
yeah that pipe is going to break off if you don't secure it to anything. it might be a pretty big source of the vibrations too

i can see the engine mount clearly. its only supported at one end. continue it through to the top or down tube, so its rigid.

and the exhaust weighs what...1.5 kg? 3 lb? more? lot of weight to have just dangling in the breeze :eek:

same deal...its just a springboard, buzzing away.

two obvious faults with (possibly) simple remedies.

now i see it better, i assume you inserted that front mount, they dont come like that?

not much you can do with that mount except tie down that muffler and experiment with shifting things around a 1/4 inch at a time to find a sweet spot (unless you have the old style crank which can't be stopped from vibing at high Rs)

there's no reason for a good engine to be vibrating so badly unless you're using rubber mounts or the mounts just aren't tight enough.

I agree. if the engine isn't firmly affixed to the frame it will appear to vibrate like nothing else.
A good part of your vibration issues stem from the front engine mount, built into the frame design. It has no support so can flex. This will massively increase vibration as the engine bounces around on the front mounting tube, which will effectively act as a spring; amplifying vibration.

ok cool..im gonna try using a muffler holder..the one that came with an engine kit...to support that pipe..thats next step ;)

yes i did have the stem welded on there to mount engine

Back