Vintage Bike Bug

Discussion in 'Antique Motorized Bicycles' started by 2stroker, May 17, 2012.

1. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

My friend sold me a vintage bike buy for 150bucks still in the box! I seen it in his garage and asked him about it and he said his dad has 5 of em still in the box in storage and he was gonna sell it in his yard sale for $150. I pulled out my wallet and paid him.

I went for a ride to the store about 10miles away and it was great. I was going atleast 35 maybe 40. Some one told me they have a new and improved model on there website. I would like to see how those run.

2. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

The old kits were pretty good & it should provide plenty of service. Take good care of it. I had 10 times rather spend $150 on your kit, than a new Chinese one.

3. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

NOTE;
    I suggest giving any new motor a break-in period, & do not run at top speed.

4. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

a break in period is a must. I like to actually ride my bike more than once..hehe

5. lowracer

lowracer Member

Bike Bugs are awesome but not known for being able to go at least 35 maybe 40 unless you're talking km/hr?
    -Lowracer-

6. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

Running it " 35" out of the box is not how to beark one in. I am with " LR " & seem to only remember about 20-24mph out of those, & I am a lightweight rider.