Vintage Schwinn Corvette

Hi, new to this forum and just wanted to share my latest build... 1953 schwinn corvette...2 speed bendix hub...66cc eng. ... S7 rims(I relaced the rear myself), so i can use bigger tires..waiting for some 26 x 2.00 x 1.75 WW's i ordered....and on payday will get a more appropriate seat....rebuilt the entire bike ....

Attachments

• DSC02445.JPG
    DSC02445.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 5,997
  • DSC02447.JPG
    DSC02447.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 2,139
Thank you

Thanks knobb, really glad you like it , got two more engines last week, just looking for the right bike now to start another one.... just love to build :)

I have a 1953 Schwinn Tiger, but I am probably going to restore it to original.

I have about 6 different bikes without engines. I still love to ride a bike the " original " way, too.

just kidding

yes i understand, was trying to be funny :) I love all old machines, ones with wheels in particular... i personally find these little motors to be a godsend as i now have physical limitations which wont allow me to pedal very far... and not enough money to build vintage cars or motorcycles.... at any rate i have now built 5 bikes, 2 of them "vintage" one is a "ratrod" and this schwinn "resto-mod" if you will.... would love to see pictures of your old bikes if possible,especially the schwinn... best regards, David

Here is the '53 Schwinn. It needs a lot of work & $$ if I restore it to original. These old Schwinns had their own " unique " rim & tires that were not interchangeable with common sizes. You can see that I did do a little rubbing on it to see how the paint may turn out.
Black & tan bike is a Raleigh Retroglide, 1995
Yellow O & R engine sitting on front wheel, is the bike I rode a long time. It is also in my avatar.

Back to original poster, that is a very nice build,,, but I am partial to orginal bikes that are not motorized. I am the same way about old cars. I like to keep them original. Are those the origial wheels ??? If so,, did you order the correct tires for them ??

Attachments

• Schwinn Tiger.JPG
    Schwinn Tiger.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 922
  • Raleigh Retro.jpg
    Raleigh Retro.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 946
  • O & R motor.jpg
    O & R motor.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 823
cool bikes

hey those are great looking bikes esteban...well no i have the original s5 or s6 rims here but i bought some vintage schwinn s7 rims for the corvette, wanted more tire for the higher speeds, keeping the original fenders on it though...and the 2 speed hub. . what hub is on that schwinn of yours? Kindest regards, David.... oh almost forgot, i really like your Ohlson and Rice engine set up, that thing is cool...been thinking about getting something like that for my girlfriends cruiser...

Last edited:
Back