Vintage style military bikes

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by guinness59, Sep 30, 2011.

1. guinness59

guinness59 New Member

I was wondering if anyone has built a WW1 style dispatchers motorbike.
    I see a lot of btr's but not any military bikes. Any thoughts on this.

2. Sgt. Howard

Sgt. Howard Member

It would be a BSA, Harley, Excelsior or similar- typically in OD for Brit or OD green for American. Neither Zundapp or BMW were producing bike sat that time, but I'm fairly certain that the Germans and Austrians had such things- THERE would be a fun poject! Imagene doing a WWI impression as a dispatch rider during an event!
    the Old Sgt.

3. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

My favorite military bike by my buddy Bizcotch.

[​IMG]

4. Porkchop

Porkchop Member

That's a neat looking bike. Even with the dent in the tank ! Gives it character and a real vintage look.

5. olow

olow Member

yacto ducenhoof

6. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Here is bizcotchs first military bike.

[​IMG]

7. bideronit13

bideronit13 Member

Hey bicycle racer can I see a picture of your racing bicycle?
    Does it go over 35 mile an hour? I looked everywhere for it because your such a fanatic I thought I'd check it out.
    Let's see it.
    I even checked your first post were your talking about stuff but dont show your bike is it a top secret vehicle. I hope you dont think Im trying to clown you or anything I just was curious.
    Who's your sponsor. Do they have the bike? Can you email them and ask for some shots.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  8. bideronit13

bideronit13 Member

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  9. MotoMagz

MotoMagz Member

Everybody in the MBworld knows Mr MotorBicycleRacing.And all of his projects are top secret.

10. bideronit13

bideronit13 Member

I seen somewhere he was going to drag race at 35 mph.

11. Sgt. Howard

Sgt. Howard Member

... hmmm... I don't know him....
    the Old Sgt.:detective:

12. Wheres my dog

Wheres my dog Banned

Here was my try at one...

Attached Files:

13. guinness59

guinness59 New Member

Got a little off topic. This is the type of bike that I'm talking about.

Attached Files:

14. Sgt. Howard

Sgt. Howard Member

Do you have an ID on that machine? Looks like you could do a reasonable fascimili from a Worksman- those sidewalks are an issue

15. guinness59

guinness59 New Member

I believe that it is a French Terrot

16. My dad made this one to look like a World War One bike, with a Delco Light Plant motor in it. It'll go a blazing 28 mph...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  17. Sgt. Howard

Sgt. Howard Member

... awswome...

18. guinness59

guinness59 New Member

Now that's what I'm talking about. How do I build one of those ?

19. I don't know how YOU would go about it, but my dad took a big piece of cardboard, laid his wheels and engine on it, and drew the frame around those where they need to be. He made the frame just out of regular black pipe and the only things on it that were ever on a motorcycle before were the wheels and the Presto Light tank. He has pieces of sewing machines, tractors, buggys, lawn mowers, and various other things. He owns a small business called Prairie Flower Leather Company, and we make WWI reproduction items, helmet liners and such, and he wanted a period looking bike, he couldn't afford 20,000 for a Harley or an Indian, so he built one. Our website, if you want to check us out, is www.pflco.com