Viper friction drive set up

wilbur

Local time
5:58 PM
Hi .I have a viper friction drive set up from Island hopper and I was wondering if anyone has this set up?.

no but i am curious how the kit runs?ive been seeing them for years on motorizedfoldupbikes.com.the site says located in st pete.but when u go to it its a shop full of bikes and a mechanic who works on them.but he wouldnt let me into look at them.thats been about 2 1/2 years ago.

The plus is I thought was the Tecumseh 49cc2h.p. engine ,some call it the Tecumseh 49er cause its been around awhile .It starts everytime and runs great but I guess there are better engines out there.I have been trying to find the price on this motor new but cant find one.The thing I dont like is I cant find a replacemet roller for it.I want a knurled one that grabs better.The one i have is smooth and slips unless I put alot of pressure onit.Monster scooter has a1.5 h.p. engine (item #ed1-220 that might be a good replacement when mine dies for 119.00 .Only problem is I think my clutch is smaller and it wont just pop right on.

i cant beleive they would sell a roller with out knurl on it.that sucks.tell u what u do.take the roller off aand go to a machinist.he can knurl it very easy.

mix sand into JBWeld & coat the roller with it. Use sandpaper first, to rough-up the surface of the roller. IMO, you would want to use the washed/screened stuff, like you would find bagged for sandboxes at walmart.

ref this thread (found it by searching this forum for 'jb-weld')

Last edited:
Back