Volvo Destruction! Is This Video Hard for Anyone Else to Watch?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jason74, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Jason74

Jason74 New Member

2. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

nah not hard to watch.kinda entertaining.hard to break a volvo.

although it says cash for clunkers.and i dont think this is what the gov had in mind.
  3. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

I love the good for the environment part.
  4. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

it sounds like the car is crying... I guess if you can kill a fetus you can kill a volvo. Liberals disgust me.
  5. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

No, it's EXACTLY what the gubmint had in mind. They want to destroy what they don't want on the road. I assume the two other SUV's with their hoods open were going to get their engines "disabled" in the same manner.

These "engine blow" videos are entertaining when done to a motor with a terminal illness like rod knock, but very, very wasteful on cars that were being driven daily a couple of days ago.

Disabling the engine in that manner prevents it from being recycled to keep another "guzzler" Volvo on the road. So their mission kills two birds with one stone. Any poor sap who can't afford a new car will not be able to find a replacement engine for their vehicle if it needs one.

Also - they are witholding statistics about the c4c program. Rumor has it that people are buying Hondas, Toyotas and Hyundai's over American brands. I'm sure that the Japanese and Korean's appreciate the stimulus!
  6. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

My question is how many people currently drive a car that is older or in worse shape than that Volvo?

Thank you Mr. President!
  7. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

$1 Billion lasted about 5 days. Now they tell us an additional $2 billion will last through November....lets see....

Anyhoo, where do I sign up for my Lada, Trabant, Tatra or Volga?

...and just why am I subsidizing anyone else's purchase of a new car?
  8. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

You can have a date with Volga whenever you want. Cheap. $2B.
  9. moondog

moondog Member

Because our govt is now in the auto business. They own GM, Govt Motors, and they need to sell cars.

And those clunkers they talk about are not clunkers. Alot of them would have lasted many more years.

And as far as global warming goes, India and China are more than making up for what we are doing to slow it down.

10. scokes

scokes Member

I do. He ll, I ride my MB to work. Why can't there be a clunker for clunker program for us less than fortunate people who are lucky enough to even still have a job, even if it is under the condition that there will be a pay freeze until the economy starts going back up, and can't afford anything, much less a $40,000 vehicle.
  11. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

I wonder if the company that produces Clunker Bomb has any connection with the OhBahMah administration.

Sodium Silicate instead of oil to destroy an engine, why don't they just drain the oil and run them until the bearings are toast? Why do they need to use this cr@p?
  12. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Murdering an automobile like thar is f u c k e d up period..........
  13. kerf

kerf Guest

The Fascist Obama administration is a bunch of sick twisted bast ards. That was no clunker, that was a waste of a serviceable auto. How many human beings really could have used that transportation. Bast ards!
  14. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

I have two Jeep Cherokees ..95 and 96 sport..4.0..wifes looks like new after paint job last year has only 70,000 miles on it ..mine looks pretty good..keep good coat of wax on has many upgrades..nothing radical..better suspension,exaust and air intake systems,cooling system modifications, drive it 100 miles every day with the AC on ...have 205,000 miles on it and it runs better than my wifes ...just put $2500 worth of "preventive maintaince" into them....only get 16 to 18 miles to the gallon..they are built like the Abrahms Tank....bought both of them some years back for around $22,OOO the numbers..paid in full ,low insurance...who needs a new POS......and..yes I talk to my Jeep every day ..I believe it does have a soul. I am keeping them.
  15. give me vtec

I just bought a new wrangler about 9 months ago... I fully expect to be saying the same thing in 15 years. It's built like a d*** tank too. It's my second jeep and the government will have to pry this one and my guns from my cold, dead grip.
  16. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

VETEC......ok dude you got it
  17. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

I can't believe you guy's are nieve enough not to see what's going on in the big picture.

WTSHTF, is it easier to move people in an electric roller skate or an SUV?

WTSHTF, is it easier to move tools boxes in an electric roller skate or an SUV?

This is all about control of the peasants by the King. They can manipulate number on Wall street all they want but in the end America has got millions unemployed sitting at home getting the check. What happens when the money and extensions run out???
  18. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

with talk like that im sure you registered to that site i showed you i thought that same thing breifly to.i also wondered why steel prices went so high there for awhile?were they trying to round up a certain % of the steel?who knows.

heres a crazy conpiracy theory i thought of recently.:uhoh2:

what if they found the key to eternal life.could you amagine how top secret that would be.the rich would be the only ones who knew and they would have to keep a check on population levels.:smilielol5:thats a conspiracy theory for
  19. give me vtec

:detective: :idea: :shout: :sweatdrop: :confused: :devilish:
  20. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member