<<< vtec's roadrip >>>

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by give me vtec, Jun 28, 2010.

1. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

traveling cross country and we had our first couple of days @ the first destination... Yosemite.

Its been a very long time since I have been here and I forgot how stunningly beautiful California can really be.

still trying to figure out my new rebel xsi. The pics will get better as I read the book and get more experience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hope you enjoy...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010

2. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

pics look good to me.

All that and sunshine too. :grin5:

3. give me vtec

I had to figure out how to turn the flash off... a lot of my pictures turned out to bright.

I may just be picky... I would like to take some classes some day.

4. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

The pics look fine to me too.
    They bring back memories from when I was there. Thank you for sharing them!

5. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Nice pics vtec, please upload more.

Fabian

6. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

what is your final destination?

cool pics,i would like to see california and oregon one of these days.those are the only two states i havent been to west of the mississippi.

HEY,i see that plasma tv.that aint camping!lol jk

7. Dilly Bar Rob

Dilly Bar Rob Member

Nice pictures!

I hope the weather holds up for you, looks like so far so good. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

Heh, yeah even a "simple" DSLR can be a bit overwhelming at first ( I still cant get my wife to shoot on nothing but "auto" on our Nikon D40...), it gets better as you go, definitely read the entire manual ("try" everything you read right away), maybe watch some tutorial videos on line (helped me a lot, try http://www.dslrtips.com/). I'm no expert when it comes the more advanced features either (these things are just PACKED with them), but even just fiddling with aperture, shutter speed, under/over exposition can net some really cool pictures (my wife gives me flak-"you have a good camera and it takes you 10 minutes to take a picture with it...."). The one thing I love most - where in the past I would have to take 10 pictures with a "not so cheap point&shoot" and hope that at least one would turn out OK I can now take just one shot with the DSLR (2 in extreme cases or when experimenting with settings) and know that it is a good shot, doesn't matter what the weather or lighting conditions are..:)

8. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Yosemite remains as magnificent as I remember it to be. The best thing the federal government ever did was create national parks.

Pictures look good to me as well, and the best thing about DSLR pics is that you can pretty easily manipulate them on the computer to achieve the color balance/saturation/brightness you want.

Looks like a fun trip, sure hope it goes well and everyone stays healthy, happy, and enjoys it.

9. give me vtec

I know its not camping... its overlanding. All the comforts I want but with the scenery I cant get @ home. My living room is America right now.

dont know how far we will get... I want to see the Smithsonian but it honestly depends on how long my wife and baby hold out.

thanks simon...

10. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Vetec...looking good..I have been looking at so many nice pics of the country from you guys on this forum..Think I should just load up my Jeep and head north, then head east for a while then head north to Alaska

11. give me vtec

2nd stop... Tahoe.

We stopped for the days leading up to the fourth expecting a good fireworks show, we had a good first couple of days but were soon bombarded by tourists and immigrants. We got tired of fighting the crowds so we decided to go home until all the kids go back to school... sometime in the fall.

Our site was nice for the first couple of days until the place turned into a refugee camp. The occupancy of the facility went from a few dozen to all 415 sites full in like 2 days. Anybody ever shared a bathroom facility with a couple hundred other campers???

[​IMG]

The lake was as beautiful as ever...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

if you are ever in south lake tahoe... be sure eat breakfast here.

[​IMG]

genetics are crazy huh???

[​IMG]

due to a late snow melt the mosquitos were horrible.... needless to say, biting insects love me. I got bit and my hand swelled up like a boxing glove, it was even worse the second day.

[​IMG]

here is my solar panel setup... the TV and heater work on shoreline power, but the vent fan and lights work on a 12v deep cycle marine battery that must be recharged.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  12. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

There are pictures of a trip that my family took there in the early 70's. Do they still have the skiing show? We have one of an elephant skiing. I will try to get Dad to upload it.
    Turtle...be sure to make a stop in Texas if you do!

13. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Vtec great pics...especially the two feet..one brand new and one slightly used...

14. give me vtec

no... but I bet those elephants didnt like the icy water.

15. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

So sorry. I was just informed that that pic was from Sea World in California. We visited the Ponderosa at Tahoe. With your pemission as the OP I will post the elephant pic and one from Tahoe when I get them loaded.

16. give me vtec

I would love to see a water skiing elephant.... by all means.

here are a couple of my sea world pics from our san diego trip last month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]