Wanna-Be New Rider in Mississippi...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by grndslm, Feb 6, 2008.

1. grndslm

grndslm Guest

Hey guys... just posting here because it's "required" of all new members. I don't like being forced to do something, but oh well...

I've always wanted a moped, or motored bicycle, for as long as I can remember. I forgot about it until my license is about a month away from being suspended, and my friend just so happened to order a GoPed Riot which got me on the 50cc engine or less law.

Anyway... there is much to be learned, so onto posting other new threads!!

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D
  3. Papasaun

Papasaun Guest

Yes, posting an intro to tell us something about yourself is “required”. IF you would have read the email you received after doing the, “I accept the terms and conditions” of joining the forum you would have known this, and at that time you could have opted not to join.
    Upon meeting someone for the first time, I offer my open hand for a shake and let the person know my name. Just one of the social skills learned as a child, along with, Thank You, and Your Welcome.

On the bright side, WE will not “force” you to use premix for fuel if you choose a 2 stroke motor. WE will not “force” you to have sufficient braking power to stop your bike either!

Please do your searches and reply to threads that apply to your questions when possible before starting a new thread. (LOL, I said “please” and nobody “forced” me to do it)

Lots of great info here, read, read, read, and go thru the Picture Gallery there are really great looking bikes there and they just might be what you are wanting to see in your own driveway.

Welcome to MBc, and good luck with your search.

4. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc. :cool:
    Ditto to what Papasaun said.
  5. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Welcome to MBc.
  6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

noone forced you do anything. the welcome-PM explains everything, including why we need you to search 1st. we keep MBc entirely viewable to the "guest" (with full search-permissions) so folks can build their MB without joining if they don't want to. feedback tells us searching works, & sometimes a person will join just to tell us they appreciate the work we all put into keeping things organized and usable.

good advice, which i edited to reflect my reaction to your intro, "introduce yourself" is also a good way to let staff know we're all on the same page...are we?

(ps-i know...here we go again, eh? this is where everyone tells me i'm too tough on the new arrival. but what about the other 6 new sign-ups that got it right? they came in the front door and shook hands, and deserve a hearty welcome, & it's also very likely they will be doing their best to pitch in around here...so how about y'all concentrate on the positive, and let staff do it's job)
  7. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc.
    Just to be clear. If you don't want to introduce yourself, that's cool. Just don't expect me to expend Any effort to help you. If, on the other hand, you want to be friends (on even the most superficial level), I will be among many people here who will be willing to take the time to be of help if needed.
  8. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

G'day man and welcome to MBc.
  9. grndslm

grndslm Guest

Oooohh.. That accent is dreamy!! =^D

Sorry for over-reacting in the other thread, fetor. Due to the nature of forums, things aren't organized very well, especially a motored biike forum. It's upsetting because I can't even find out where to buy a Happy Time engine/kit from, and I've searched all over this forum and Google, so ya know what... I had to ask someone. If he tells me to keep reading, tho... I'm gonna have to karate kick his arse.

It would just seem more appropriate to simply point newbs in the direction of the gallery forum here than to tell them to keep reading, or heck you could actually answer their questions.

For real, tho... I'm done with this now.
  10. kerf

kerf Guest

I can see you're going to be a real popular guy.
  11. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Okay, you kids knock it off. You don't want me coming in there to knock it off for ya. You'll be grounded from your bikes for the whole week.

Slam, look to the left side of this page for the link to Thatsdax.com he's got the happiest Happy Times around. I have 2 from him and am happy.
  12. azbill

azbill Active Member

hey dude, if you think you can organize this place better...
    come up with a better plan and do it for us
    why not stop making all the nasty frivolous posts ???
    just a thought :D
  13. grndslm

grndslm Guest

I most certainly will come up with an outline for an Motored Bike 101 For Dummies Like Grndslm... as soon as I pick your brains at least.

Nasty... I think not. Frivolous... You bet your arse, man!! This is 2008... Welcome!
  14. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

I've watched your "progress" since you've been here and the disruption you've caused.Admin must be much more tolerant than me cos if it was me i would have banned u immediately.
    Your a non-cooperative troublemaker that gets his kicks from arguing with people...baiting them with your comments then arguing.
    You havn't built one single motored bike and i seriously doubt u ever will.
    Get help for that mental disorder,professionl help..around the clock help(preferably somewhere else)
  15. grndslm

grndslm Guest

You're pretty sick, man... pretty nasty I should say!! Seriously, what nasty thing did I say to you or anyone else?

What happened to "play nice"?
  16. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i don't know what to say about the friction between you and fetor...i see a 2-way street and have stayed out of it...however:

just you try "frivolous" with our forum and see where it gets you.
  17. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

NOW your playing the "play nice" card...shock/horror.
    Normally after an apology(even a backhanded apology) i would say "Forget it man,let's start again" but in your case i'll make an exception.

What's the setup here...u start a thread in the General section(Too many questions to start my project) have arguments,get little response,then start another thread in the General section about basically the same thing(Which setup floats your boat most?)
    It's all related to u asking questions/getting answers,then arguing.

It's a lame attempt at reaction seeking while getting knowledge at other peoples expense so PLEASE,come-up with something more original.

BTW...You just made it on my list of ppl i'll never help......congratulations.
    It's hard to get on this list but u managed to do it in record time...Guinness Book Of Records record time.
  18. grndslm

grndslm Guest

That's exactly it... You've figured out my entire thought process behind posting. Actually... as you could tell, I got a great deal of responses to my first thread: half of it was what I was looking for, half of it was the shiz you started because you thought it was sooo important to tell me to read, read, read as if I hadn't already done that and heard it from other people. And I would have kept posting in the same thread, ya forgetful stoner, but you can't add polls to old threads, hence the new one. I was curious what people would consider their dream bike... sorry for being curious.

You sir are a liar. Quit this nonsense... facts or it didn't happen. How am I nasty, psychotic, or reaction-seeking? Show me some dirt, dammit!
  19. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

I really can't be bothered anymore.You've taken-up enough of my time already so i'm unsubscribing from this thread...........................i'll leave ya to it.
  20. kerf

kerf Guest

I've been following your post and even tried to help in my own simple way but a pattern has emerged. You seem to be a demanding person prone to berating those that don't achieve your level of service expectations. You expect to find instant knowledge and get mad when we can't supply what you want. My experience with many different bikes has been, there is no "right" system, they all have pros and cons and personal taste plays a big part in the decision. It takes time to sort this out, time you seem unwilling to invest. Much time has been spent in your post talking about other issues than the original subject line, which makes me wonder who is grndslm.

Is it possible that you're also "MissMiss" on the sewing forum, sticking your thumb in little old ladies eyes. Do you get your jollies joining forums just to cause trouble? And that my friend, is your cheese to go with the wine.