Wanna get a motor

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by seafood10, Jun 16, 2009.

1. seafood10

seafood10 New Member

2. NiteSpy

NiteSpy New Member

Have you decided on a 2 or 4 stroke motor?

3. seafood10

seafood10 New Member

Probably just a 2 stroke. I am only going to be using it to just get me up a hill or 2 on the way home.

4. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

welcome seafood

looks like it will not be a frame mount motor fitting it there

rack mount to the rear maybe ??

MM

5. NiteSpy

NiteSpy New Member

yeah but it would look sweet with an in-frame motor, probably a really tight fit sorta like the stingrays with in-frame motors.

6. seafood10

seafood10 New Member

Nooo, I have to have a frame Mount! Why do you not think a frame mount will fit? I can't do a rear mount, I need it to be as stealthy as possible, not sticking out like a 'sore thumb', long explanation. Anyway, I would really like to shoe horn in a frame mount, 'motorcycle style'. What can we do?
    thanks
    Sean

7. NiteSpy

NiteSpy New Member

I think you could:grin5: look at this stingray with one, the clearance seems alike. What size seat tube and down tube?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  8. seafood10

seafood10 New Member

yeah, the bike is essentially a larger schwinn cruiser. Not sure about the tube size but I can find out later, at office right now. which engines do you suggest I look at?

9. NiteSpy

NiteSpy New Member

I'd start off with a 49cc kit(as the head will be smaller) The Vendors sections has great reviews and not so great ones so I'd check those out to get an idea. I grabbed a kit off of ebay through Zoomcycles(Viking Helmet Guy)

10. seafood10

seafood10 New Member

OK, great. that pic is exactly what I want to get, perfect. Just don't know how it will fit with the larger frame and rims of my bike, but I will get some specs on it and go from there.
    thanks
    Sean

11. wildemere

wildemere Member

That picture is my bike. It is not a Stingray.

Its frame is an original Australian "Malvern Star Dragster" from the 70's with 20" wheels.

The 50cc just fits.

12. NiteSpy

NiteSpy New Member

Sorry wildemere didn't mean to offend you if I did nice ride by the way.
    What do you think about his Rumble 29 inch cruiser just by eye does it seem to be in-framable? <--lol

13. seafood10

seafood10 New Member

I am confiedent that an engine will fit in there as it is a large frame, just wondering if the chain from the engine will reach? I am not clear if the kits come with a longer than necessary chain that allows the user to size or one size fits all.

14. seafood10

seafood10 New Member

Here are the specs:
    Size 21"
    Frame Phat Modified Design Alloy 29” Cruiser Frame
    Fork Phat Custom Design Steel Cruiser
    Headset Integrated Threaded Alloy 1-1/8"
    Crankset 1 Piece Chromoly w/ 44T Chainwheel
    Bottom Bracket 9 Piece w/ Caged Bearings
    Shift Lever N/A
    Hubset KT Coaster Brake Rear, Alloy/CNC Front, 36H
    Chain “Rust Buster” Silver
    Spokes 14g Stainless Steel
    Rims Alloy 700x42C
    Tires Cruiser 29 x 2.35" Blackwall
    Brakes Coaster Brake
    Pedals Alloy BMX Style
    Handlebar Custom Alloy
    Grips Hi-Density Foam w/ Stitched Vinyl Cover and Black Caps
    Stem Alloy Cruiser Style, Silver
    Seatpost Alloy 28.6 X 350mm Silver

15. NiteSpy

NiteSpy New Member

If length seems like an issue you could grab a second chain and a chain breaker to make the chain longer but they do give you a nice sized one it fits most bike have heard of people taking links out or using a modded tensioner to cut slack but seeing as you might need those extra links then you may be good to go.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009