Want A Luggage Rack:

Good morning

Well it's a little past 6am here, and getting ready to take wifey to the Dr.'s. Hal I did get your check, and will pack and ship today.

Rack info; I would say, that barring the fact that it has no tie-down spots, nor is much help in that area, the Whizzer rack is by far the strongest bicycle type rack on the market, and it is the most expensive.

The Old-school type, like the schwinn was often bent in the middle from riding other kids on it, and the repop is not quite as stout as the Early Schwinn model.

The cast aluminum racks, and steel wire racks are stong in their own way, but not as stout as the Whizzer rack.

I will try to make some pics.

Mike

That Whizzer Rack...Ouch!

HEY MIKE... I looked up the price of that Whizzer rack, and to be honest, I was shocked! I simply won't spend that much on a bicycle rack! That rack sells for more than what I paid for my first CAR!

I'll keep haunting the swap meets and the garage sales and maybe I can find an old one for $5 or so, that I can clean up.

I'm looking forward to the delivery of my Hi-Flow!

Thanks,
HAL the FRUGAL

Hal I've got a old 40's monark rack that needs the front mount fixed you can have it for the cost of shipping if you want it

Yea I'll take some pictures tomorrow and send them to you. Just needs the tabs on the front fixed. You could weld a couple flat washers on to fix it.

Bought A Rack Today!

Hey...I got a terrific deal on a NEW cargo rack for Oscar today!

My old bicycle parts friend at the weekend Swap Meet happened to have a rack in stock today... it's from the F & R Company, and is called the "Alloy Single Clip Carrier, Chrome", #31010.

It was brand new in a plastic bag, and has a stout Alloy frame, with chrome steel support struts and a chrome steel top spring-loaded cargo clip, a hole for a rear reflector, tie-down holes for bungee cord hooks, and hardware for 3 different mounting configurations.

The price of the package was $13, but I got him down to ten bucks (no tax), which he took with a smile! (NOBODY pays the asking price at a swap meet...it's a haggler's heaven!)

I had to use a couple spacers to mount it to the rear dropout, to place the struts outside of the rear fender struts, but it's a firm installation and it looks better than those $50 racks in the Bike Shops!

I'm really happy with this rack!

(I wish I knew how to post an image of Oscar with his new accessory!)

HAL

Last edited:
(I wish I knew how to post an image of Oscar with his new accessory!)

HAL

Hal, it's easy if you have a digital camera. Once you've uploaded the photo to your computer, you can easily post the photo as an attachment. When posting a reply or starting a new thread, scroll down to the section titled "additional options". You will see a section totled "attach files" with a button that says "manage attachments". Click on that, and a "Manage attachments" window will open. At the top it says "upload file from your computer", and has a button that says "browse". Click that button, and find your photo file in your computer. Click on that file, hit "Open" then click on the button that says "Upload". Your photo will then upload to your post as an attachment. I hope this helps.
-Chris

Attachments

• 100_1569.jpg
    100_1569.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 270
Hey Kilroy...

That looks like a Coaster Brake hub on your Whizzer...do you have the slip-clutch model?

I've got to get one of those accessory bags too.

HAL

That bag was part of a pair of saddle bags that came with that Whizzer. I have the other one.

Attachments

• IMG_0384.jpg
    IMG_0384.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 234
Back