Want to build a chopper, but how?

smills1840

Local time
12:45 AM
Hey guys! Been looking around on the forums for a day or two, and there are some really nice bikes on here! Anyway, I'll just get right to it. I really want to build a chopper, but I'm not sure where to start. I heard the occ stingrays aren't all that great, the same with the jesse james chopper. I found a chopper on a site, and was looking for some opinions. Do you guys think this will work?

http://www.xyzbike.com/catalog/chopper-black-p-139.html

If you guys think it would work, what engine kit would you recommend? I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible.

Thanks in advance,
Spencer

i recomend a rock solid engine kit the 80cc stock it flys out of the box. wear it in though.. with choppers i really cant help you... i always wanted 1 but 60 bucks for a mount put me off and finding a chopper in adelaide australia is hard :D were u located because rocksolid are an australian company

Im in the States, in Virginia. I think people like Berry's mounts. Thanks for the reply

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I think many people who use choppers modify the frames for the motors, but that plate looks like it's a good solution for someone who doesn't have the means to fabricate it themselves

That bike is the exact same frame as the jesse james frame with an occ seat on it.
you would totally have to cut the frame and weld in new bars for the engine to mount to. or you would have to try and make your own mount, but again you would have to figure out a way to mount it to the frame.

one of the e-bay style mounts will not work on this frame because there is nowhere for the mount to be bolted to. the mounts on e-bay are specifically made to be bolted to an occ frame, which is totally different than the jesse james frame.

I have an occ chopper and i love it. I have no idea why people say that they aren't that great. true, to mount an engine on an occ frame is a lot more than just bolting a mount to it, and then bolting the engine on. you have to make a lot of parts, and modify a lot of parts to make it all work right.
you will need to be able to make and modify parts, whether you are building a chopper or any other bike to accept an engine.

here's my jesse james bike that i customized..notice that the frame, gas tank and forks are EXACTlY like the one you are intersted in. Mine has different wheels on it, but the jesse james choppers have those exact same wheels and tires on them.
jjchop5.jpg

here's my motorized occ chopper. I made a bunch of parts for this bike to make it all look different from the rest, and to make it all work right. I am using a modified mount from e-bay (Barry's mount).
chop5.jpg

Back