Want to build a quiet 4 stroke that my wife will like!

Maybe even a Velosolex if you can find one, it would be "so French, so romantic, so chic". Or a word sounding much like chic anyway.

Richard, the dude goes by "the Professor" I'm sure he can glean what he needs from this hijacked thread, off topic you may want to start imbibing in some mind-altering substance as you seem a bit stuffy.This will tell you if you're stuffy, if the following makes you laugh or makes you frown,... in the 80's SoCal there was a little ad on Kcal that started like this "Hi,... my name's Richard Head,... but you can call me D.i.c.k", did you laugh?

British Championship moped racing teams used to have names like Cunning Stunts. There was even an all girl team called Menstrual Cycles.

Ha, ha, ha, that's brilliant - - - Cunning Stunts & an all girl team called Menstrual Cycles - - - i bet they had reliability issues and a temperamental undercarriage.

There was another team of women, had an FS1E, known here as a Fizzy. They were the Fizzy Nymphos. Nice looking girls, but I think they only did 1, perhaps 2, rounds. Shame.

made my day

There was another team of women, had an FS1E, known here as a Fizzy. They were the Fizzy Nymphos. Nice looking girls, but I think they only did 1, perhaps 2, rounds. Shame.

omg..lmao this got to be so funny....tks for making me laugh so hard guys

I've looked at the statistics and this thread is responsible for 87% of the site hits.

When men get together to discuss women, and particularly to discuss methods of inducing women to be included in their mechanistic hobby activities, it's guaranteed to bring out higher levels of truths based on personal experiences, which just happen to be comedic gold.

Those men who fail to see the humour are most likely to have limited life experience with cranky, cantankerous, self centred, self obsessed, smoking hot women who are pretentious pathological narcissists, and that's on a good day - every other day, they are just egregiously evil.

Well - did this take off! I posted and then left it alone for a while and sheesh! I am sorry Mr Fabian but my wife may be many things but your 1-4 are completely wrong. If she doesn't like it I'll keep it or sell it. Doesn't matter. Thanks for the invite MBR the races sounds like a lot of fun but I am too busy now with a couple of projects but when the time comes I will make sure to make the trip out there.
Summarizing:
50 cc 4G 4 stroke kit from Bicycle-Engines.com
GEBE with a robin-subaru EH035 or the Honda GX35
The 50 cc idea sounds like a winner.
a 35 cc 4 stroke friction drive from Staton-Inc.com (this was a quote but couldn't find the original.
Maybe even a Velosolex if you can find one ( don't know if this a recommend or not... )
Any one else care to weigh in? ( on - preferably, or off topic )

In no way do i want to discourage you, but the most likely outcome is that your wife will ride it once and then decide that the time could have been better spent at a coffee shop with her girlfriends discussing reality TV, fashion, and singing competitions like X-factor, America's got talent etc.

I've seen this happen before.
At the end of the day the result will be that you'll feel unwanted and neglected and sidelined because your wife (after one ride) will show no interest in a hobby that gives you so much enjoyment.

From my experience in life i've found that women want 4 things

1) A mirror, for self adoration of her own image and to reinforce delusional concepts of her personal self worth.
2) A multitude of clothing apparel and accessory options like shoes and jewelry.
3) A never ending amount of of massively overvalued cosmetics to boost her feeling of self worth, which feeds back into No 1
4) A best "g.a.y male" friend to discuss everything that is wrong with her relationship and everything that is wrong with you and options to finding a better man.

A motorized bicycle is the furthest thing on her mind - a bit like living in the North Pole with out a television and a mirror and cosmetics.

I maintain the way to show her the fun is to find other couples who share the affliction, or at least become part of a social scene. You may well have the same sort of woman I have, a stayer. 38 years together (all together now, I could have served 10 and been out by now), god luck, and don't forget to duck sometimes.

Hey dadzers: For about 3 years now, I've been very pleased with my Huasheng 142F 49cc 4-stroke, coupled with a Q-Matic drive manufactured in the USA by EZ Motorbike: http://www.ezmotorbike.com/

You can buy the engine and drive, preassembled, from EZ.

I've heard many people on this forum talking about 4G drive problems, but not about the Q-Matic. And mine has proven to be bulletproof! And the EZ Motorbike people are salt-of-the-earth good people! I've had a fair amount of contact with their president, Quenton Guenther, and in a hobby with a lot of vendors who are shoddy operators, this guy is anything but. That "Q" in "Q-Matic" stands for "Quenton." And I'm very pleased to have one of his drives on my bike.

Back