Want to buy a 4 stroke kit now, everywhere out of stock?

M

Modern Irishman

I'd like to buy a 4 stroke kit and get it broken in to drive at a 3000 person circus festival in May. It would be great advertising for motorized bike's with an audience who is very into unusual creations...

Problem is everywhere I look seems out of stock. I see a couple of them on Ebay but would prefer to buy from a known reputable company and be able to tell people where to go for such a contraption. Sales will be made off this if I can get it done in time.

Also as far as making this whole thing simple, what is a good kit in the $350-$450 range that comes with everything I need and high quality? What should I get with it? Does the heavy duty axle or thumb clutch or wide clutch etc make a real difference?

I'd like to build this once and do it right the first time. From people who have had experience with these what is everything you would get to build a 4 stroke bike and where would you get it from? Are there any options available currently since everyone seems sold out? The current frame is a vintage schwinn with a 2 stroke already on it but it's been sitting outside for years and seems like it would be more worth the expense and effort to rebuild it with the 4 stroke. I'd also consider buying a complete bike but trying to keep the project under $600 total.

Also do any of the current 4 strokes have an electric generator or what are the options to run lighting and music off of it? I plan to hook up electroluminescent lighting and hopefully small stereo.

Check out staton, I just pulled the trigger on their r/s 35cc fd kit and its in stock. I wanted a dax or bmp kit but couldnt wait till summers half over with before their in stock. This is going to be a sweet ride and prolly my last build till it wears out. From my 2 previous builds all the mistakes will be avoided on this one. I also know exactly how I want it too..............cant wait!..........http://www.staton-inc.com/store/index.php?p=home

Last edited:
Back