WANTED HELP / HELP WANTED - Sun Bicycles Atlas frame

Hola Folks,

I'm trying to get hold of a Sun Bicycles 'Atlas' mens frame (http://www.sunbicycles.com/sun/atlasIndustrial.htm) for a project.

Unfortunately I'm UK based and Sun Bicycles are a USA only, wholesale only sort've-a-deal.

I'm trying the direct approach to the US importers but was wondering if there was anyone out there in the MotoredBike commune that had one of these kicking around or - long shot - might be able to procure one and then I could go from (a slightly easier) there....

Ta for the/any help Muchachos.

I have a used Sun Cruz bike that I have been riding. An enjoyable ride & lightweight, but sturdy bike. I have not made my mind up what I am going to do with it, though. I don't use Chinese HT engines, so that is out. I may just sell it , but unsure.
One thing you are going to find out , is that the shipping charges are going to be $$$$$$$$$.

Attachments

• cruz.jpg
    cruz.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 202
Dang!!!!!!!!

I thought I was getting job offer. :ROFLMAO:

If I was in the UK, I'd be looking for some of those cool, Euro-antique bikes!

146_peninsularis_06_068_3.jpgthanks to Luke, for the pic

I guess the grass is always greener.......across the pond ( ? )

!Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays todos!

Esteban -
Thanks for the letting me know. Problem with the Cruz (a problem in this situation anyway) is that it's an aluminium (you say potato...) frame, and I'm thinking steel for brute strength and ease of welding &c. As for shipping charges, that's something I'm going to have to come to terms with, but hopefully shipping cheap stuff with offset that a little....?

srdavo -
The asymmetric Fruiterers bike is a beaut - plenty of interesting ideas in that one! I looked into the vintage thing a while ago when a pang to own a Ducati and a reacquaintance with a VeloSolex cross-pollinated to make me want a Ducati Cucciolo, during which hunt (just call me Matthew Hopkins) I came across this goldmine.

Problem is, I'm not really grokking over the whole restoration schtick, and wouldn't want to butcher an elder that deserves my respect - I'd rather Heath Robinson something up!

Back