Wanted: HT parts local to Everett, WA

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by DakotaLynx, Jan 17, 2009.

1. DakotaLynx

DakotaLynx New Member

After months of silence and work I finally got "Projekt Dragonfly" all put together tonight. However, when I got it started and tried to ride it, be bike behaved a bit like me. It made a lot of noise, blew a bit of smoke, but ultimately didn't go anywhere.

The fastest I was able to get moving (With a pedal start) was 11mph. :-/
    The problem seem to to be that I did my math wrong when I calculated my gear ratios. (Rather disappointing, as that means I won't be able to ever use that 12 tooth drive sprocket the folks at Applied charged me a mint for.)
    So basically what I need is a pair of sprockets, a 36-tooth, and a...whatever the drive sproket was. Anyone in the Everett/Seattle area got anything like that they are willing to sell?

I am correct in thinking that the drive sprockets for HappyTime engines are for a 1/2" crank, right? (Really don't want to have to re-drill again if can be helped.) I already have mounting hardware and can get a correctly-sized chain. (Currently I'm using a super-wide#50 chain.)

2. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Got pictures of what you need?
  3. DakotaLynx

DakotaLynx New Member

Actually thank you, but nevermind.
    I got a 9 tooth sprocket off E-bay, and stuck with my exiting 56 tooth wheel sprocket. While a 6.2:1 gear ratio was enough to get me moving, it' s only just. In fact the clutch was starting to smoke by the time I hit 20. :-(
    Ah-well, Live and learn I guess.

As of now, I'm working on saving my money and getting a 76mm clutch GEBE kit, sans engine. Of course I'll also be searching the forums for people selling them on the cheap.

4. augidog

augidog Banned

get in touch if you'd like...no promises, but some used stuff may be available soon.