Wanted to buy: kit for HF 99cc

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Nehmo, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Nehmo

Nehmo New Member

I'm planning on using the HF Predator 99 cc 4-stroke engine. I'm open to various mounting arrangements, but a friction drive seems simplest.

I want to buy the kit without the engine. If you can direct me to a good supplier, please do.

2. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Do you know if the clutch and mounting hole pattern is the same as most of the F/D kits?
  3. Richard H.

Richard H. Member

Just as a general FYI: it isn't. They are nowhere near the same thing as the smaller, lightweight bolt-on type engines with centri clutch.
  4. grinningremlin

I guess he's SOL, I figured 99cc's is too much for F/D anyway.
  5. Nehmo

Nehmo New Member

I ended up getting the 79cc version of HF Predator 4-stroke engine. It has a different bore and stroke. It looks like I'm going to make the setup myself. How hard can it be?
  6. grinningremlin

That's going to be a monster, but yeah after having this for a while you could make it out of near anything material-wise.I'd love to get hold of some titanium angle stock, take a few lbs off the rig.Take a look at DE's pics of the simple simon, and put a BIG spindle on that thing else you'll smoke the tire.
  7. professor

professor Active Member

Hi Nehmo, the 79 is a sweet little motor.
    There is a clutch / jackshaft drive set-up for it called the Qmatic.
    I went with a belt to jackshaft with a manual idler-engager type clutch (don't know what to call it, and a HT clutch lever to work it. Then to the rear with chain, but I would reccomend usng a belt to the back like a whizzer or old time bike that had another rim used as a pulley like Lowracer (on this site) does.