Wanting my first MB on a budget! A few easy questions

Tommy92l

Local time
12:16 AM
Hey guys.

So, I've yet to ever set foot on one of these bikes, but I saw how they almost looked like a little cafe racer and was hooked.

The bicycle kit I was looking at was this - http://spookytoothcycles.com/motorized-bicycles-diy/2-stroke-stealth-motorized-bicycle.html

I have spent 350 dollars on a nice BMX bike, and people say "Don't buy cheap!". So does that make this bike okay for $450 (+Kit) or does it make it cheap? I'm assuming since this is a fairly popular kit that, most of you have seen it around by now.

Also, how does it work with being in PA and having one of these? I know for the most part it's personal preference of the cop not wanting to stop you or not.

I've looked all over the forum and some have said that NO one bothers them, others have said that they've simply given up on titling or registering it. It's simply a bicycle.

The reason why I ask this is because my dad is a big time Harley guy. He has a gorgeous Suzuki Intruder with low mileage and just needs some money put into the Carb to fix it.

I've yet to ride a motorcycle so I'm not sure if I should just bite the bullet and spend the money fixing the Motorcycle, or if I can travel around town for fun on this little bike (Not as a serious driver). Just as I would do with the Suzuki.

TL;DR

Is this a good bike kit - http://spookytoothcycles.com/motorized-bicycles-diy/2-stroke-stealth-motorized-bicycle.html

Can I drive it the same as a motorcycle around town in PA without too much trouble? Or should I just put the money into fixing a motorcycle.

if cost is a real driver, I'd suggest a $120 - $160 kit and a $50 old bike with good tires & brakes

Okay thanks! What about electric? The silence allows me to fly under the radar! That's what I'm aiming for after further research.

Hi Tommy, glad to meet you. Having experience with all three of your bikes in question. I would say go for the motorcycle . It will be better for you in the long run. It will last you a long time.
Gas bikes are a lot of maintaence , and they are not real reliable.
An e-bike is a good way to go, but they are a lot of money .
Stay away from the e-bikes that are under $1,000. They are just junk. Hope this helps you! Keep looking up! Ken.

Tommy, I own all 3 also.
I love them all for their own merits, the power of a motorcycle, the silence of electric and the DIY appeal of the China Girl kit, but I have to agree with all the advice given here.

If you want a cheap motor to learn on, get the Chinese 2 stoke and $50 used bike. It can teach you a lot about mechanics if you want to learn and is cheap to replace parts.

If you want to get to work and drive to the next city, you need a motorcycle. For a first bike I'd recommend a small one of under 400cc. Everyone will tell you it is too small but I drive a well tuned 125 two stroke on the road and keep up with traffic. My daughter had a Ninja 250 and IT ROCKED. 80mph and 80mpg.

10419398_10154559493480195_1908497422193465776_n.jpg

Good luck on your choice, all are good but make sure it suits your needs.

Steve

25464_371305075802_2896505_n.jpg

My 125, always the smallest bike in the pack but never the last.
25464_371300850802_1648893_n.jpg

Last edited:
If you can get a Suzuki Intruder 1400 for just the price of fixing the carbs (the 1400 has two) I'd definitely go for it. I have a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic, a Suzuki DR200, and a vintage Vespa P200E. I also have a motorized bicycle. You can always build a motorized bicycle later. I wouldn't let that motorcycle get away.

Back