WC-1 Flywheel

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by mason_man, Oct 4, 2011.

1. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

I just had some WC-1 flywheels shaved and balanced by Bill Green.What a difference in them!They were 6 pds per flywheel and are now a little over 4 pds.i'm getting quicker acceleration,less dead wieght and no vibration anymore! 2 are for the 99 and 1 for a 2000. One of the 99 has the WC-1 cylinder with heat coating on piston,valves, combustion chamber,exhaust port and outside cylinder coated with 99.9% pure aluminum.Temps are about 300 degrees.alot better than 500+. the other 99 has the NE kit that came out in 2004.the 2000 was the first to get heat coated back in 2007.here's some pics. Ray

Attached Files:

2. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

more pics......

Attached Files:

3. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

and some more....

Attached Files:

4. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

I often wondered about balancing and shaving some weight off the flywheel. Looks good too.

Jim

5. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

These were terrible to begin with,you didn't feel it as bad with the auto clutch. i didn't think the '05 on up were any better,so i'm glad i waited.

6. bill green

bill green Member

thank you

:idea:Hi Mason We did the math about three years ago and found out the flywheels were to heavy and out of balance . So I cut up A crank assy for the stub shaft and had A balancing beam or shaft with center chucks made . The bad thing is it only works on whizzer flywheels , It wonk fit anything else . So its put away most the time . Very happy I could fix the problem for you . Bill Green:idea: PS the ne5 is also to heavy and not balanced as well as it could be .

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  7. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

You got my attention :)

Bill, How much do you charge? My flywheel might fit in one of those $5.00 flat rate boxes.
    Jay

8. bill green

bill green Member

I will send it on A PM I dont think I can post any price here

9. bill green

bill green Member

Hi Hows that last flywheel working . Bill

10. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

Hi Bill. The flywheels are great! I'm glad you took the time to help make these flywheel lighter and balanced.Your great work is appreciated.My take-off got better and at higher speeds the motor just purrs! All Whizzer folks needs to have this done, what a difference. Ray

11. bill green

bill green Member

great to hear let me know If you need anything . Bill

12. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

OK, Thanks.

13. Brent Merkley

Brent Merkley New Member

Next In Line

Hi Bill
    I sent you a pm, I would like to have you machine a flywheel for me.
    Could you pm me with all the information.
    Thanks Brent

14. bill green

bill green Member

Hi Brent I Just put it back in the mail you should have it friday ..Have fun ..Bill

15. Brent Merkley

Brent Merkley New Member

Flywheel

Hi Bill
    Thanks for the supper fast turn around and great service!!
    Brent

16. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

It's nice to have guys like you and Quenton around Bill.

Thanks Ray