WCC Trike

Discussion in 'Motorized Trikes' started by azvinnie, Nov 15, 2007.

1. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

l know l havent posted in awhile, but l have been busy with projects.
    This is a west coast chopper bike turned trike. The trike rides real smooth and is heavy duty. l customized it a little and am going to put electric front hub motor. eventually......
    Anyways, l just to wanted show you guys...............later ,,,,,thanx to Kronic for youe help:cool:

Attached Files:

2. drimpact

drimpact Member

Very cool!!!!

3. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Looks sharp. Is that rear axle from Spooky Tooth?

4. azbill

azbill Active Member

5. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2007
  6. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

very nice conversion, Vinnie.

I like it!!

7. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Great work. I love the talent on this forum. What an inspiration!

8. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Its a lovely looking machine - Im a little concerned about power issues using an electric system (but then I am a complete and utter petrolhead lol). I guess it depends how far and how fast you want to go..

It *should* be possible to IC engine this bike, the easiest way being a front drive similar in plan to the velosolex idea - ideally something belt driven by GEBE or a chain type stanton (no I am not affiliated!).

Good luck with the build when you get there and be sure to post pics

Jemma xx

9. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Hi Annie,

Im slightly confused looking at that picture. I love the style of the bike btw.

on the second picture the power hub is on the one side but whats on the other side, it looks like some sort of gearing set up.. is it a part of the old bike or does it serve a purpose?

Jemma xx

10. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

It's a Sachs Duomatic hub and coaster brake which is just the job for my tricycle. I really like the Duomatic two speed hub and I always keep an eye out for them at hard rubbish collection time.

11. Haggard

Haggard Guest

azvinnie , you nailed it. Im working on same style but am using a full suspension bike.
    I built a 40 inch front end and to get the rack I wanted , I simply removed the back shock, let the bike foold in on itself and KAZAMMM!!!!!!, instant rake. heres a pic taken a couple months ago . she's evolved somewhat since then but is nowheres near as nice as yours. well done

Attached Files:

12. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

WCC trike update

so, the trike was riding fine when l got my electric hub and some small 12v 7ah batteries that came with the electric kit. Well, the batteries just didn't have enough range, so l purchased new ones. the new batteries are 12v 15ah and weigh twice as much. l installed the new batteries and the rear-end of the trike bent and was un-rideable, saftey issue.
    l had to start from scratch and build a new rear-end, 2 occ stingray rear-ends, vbrakes on both wheels, and used the original axle. l like the freewheel and pull brakes, anyway this is what the trike looks like now. it still needs to be cleaned up and painted.
    front view.jpg rear view.jpg side view.jpg trike new rear-end.jpg

13. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

Those rear axles are pretty lightweight Vinnie. The one on my Hercules trike is the same model/type and I fitted additional bracing rods to keep everything where it should be. On the Raleigh based tricycle I was riding before I built up the Hercules I did have axle bending issues with a similar chrome axle so I was forewarned when it came to fitting the Hercules's axle.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1564/anniesherculestrikegi9.jpg

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7118/anniesherculestrikerearpb2.jpg

I do sometimes haul silly sized loads on my tricycle, but it's geared for low speed and I don't have too many problems. I have considered running a tierod from one side of the axle to the other under the 'diff', but so far I haven't had to resort to this.

Your rebuild looks really cool by the way. Those rear wheels are certainly the business.

14. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

Sianelle, this thing is so strong now, that l am able to jump on the back axle and bounce on it without it bending. l don't thing it will ever bend now. thanks for the comments.:grin:

15. Haggard

Haggard Guest

Man . Vinnnie, that sure is a nice design. I like!!. To bad there isn't a trike forum to keep all the info in one place. Maybe we can work on auggi a litttle and see if theres space for another category. thanks for sharing the knowledge and pics.
    Haggard

16. azvinnie

azvinnie Guest

Electric WCC trike Finished!!!!!

l finally finished my west coast chopper/OCC stingray trike, l added the electric 36volt 500-watt front hub motor. it has 3 - 12v 15amp batteries and travels @20mph and goes 15 - 20 miles. lots of work went into this one, l hid the hub motor wires in the forks, anyway l'm just glad its finished.....

Attached Files:

17. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Beautiful Build!

nice job, vinnie!!

18. azbill

azbill Active Member

this trike handles like a charm !
    tracks straight as an arrow...not squirrely at all
    almost makes you forget it's a 3 wheeler

19. Zev0

Zev0 Member

It's beeeeeeeeeeeautiful Vince.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2008
  20. foyeburger

foyeburger Guest

thats a good looking trike . funny i got two old occ choppers in the back and was thinking what i could do with them hummm!!! looks good very nice and well done larry ca