weed wacker scooter problem

cspaur13

Local time
8:20 AM
i had an electric scooter from years ago stripped it down. got a echo weedwacker motor then i had my grandparents friend who owns a machine shop and he fabricated a custom motor mount and he put a centrifugal clutch and keyed shaft on it and made a 10 tooth sprocket designed for scooter chain and he made a 56 tooth sprocket for the rear wheel that bolts throuigh original sprocket and i bolted the engine on and hooked every thing together and i found out it goes backwards and is there a way that i can make it spin the shaft in the oppisite direction. its been sitting in the garage for 3 years. the motor still fires right up and i was wanting it fixed while my motor bike is broken. any help will be appreiciated.
thanks,
cody

heres some pics.
P1030430.JPG

P1030429.JPG

P1030432.JPG

P1030431.JPG

P1030433.JPG

P1030434.JPG

it would still go backwards cause i would have to put the srocket on the left side and its a freewheel so it just spins with out moving the wheel. unless your mean to flip it upside down.

With the engine crankshaft on the left....if the wheel spins in reverse by putting the crankshaft toward the right the wheel will spin forward. You will need a different frewheel I guess or another engine that spins CCW and not CW.

Back