well balanced rack mount

eastwoodo4

Local time
2:15 AM
This is my latest home brew.Its well balanced and since ive added the tensioner its working well.the front wheel is off to show it balances on the front forks.Theres more pics in the picture section.Top speeds over 40 on flat ground.The pics could be better in imo.I was the first to use this setup but i dont think ill be the last.

On another note what do yall think about using the drive sprocket for a break rotor?you know dual function?

Attachments

• bike3.JPG
    bike3.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,073
  • Bike4.JPG
    Bike4.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,466
  • Bike5.JPG
    Bike5.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,075
  • Bike1.JPG
    Bike1.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,018
Last edited:
I like what you're doing with your build.

I've long had the inkling to do something similar, had this pic in my archive for some time now:
xtracycle.jpg
This one is a right side chain to a Nuvinci.

Couple of questions...just read through the pics gallery thread and wondering what you've settled on for gearing, chain vs belt, and did you scrap the belt idea?
Also, is it possible to explain a bit or post a pic of how this setup is attached to the frame?
Thanks.

If i had the money i would convert it to belt for coolness,quietness, and a few other reasons.What ive settled for right now is basically the same gearing i had before.What was happening before was the chain would get a little bit of slack and when it would come off and hang up the wheel it was busting the clutch shoes off.But now with the tensioner ive got over 100 miles on it and its fine.will try and post another pic of the mounts tomorrow.

Back