Well Here's My Toy So Far...

I attempted to place this lil 80cc toy on a 20 inch Schwinn Fastback to no avail, then was going to place it on a 52-53-ish Schwinn to once again, no avail (didn't want to have to modify TOO much) so after checking out some local yard sales, found this 75 Schwinn Continental (never seen a 26inch frame like this one identical TO THE 20 INCH FASTBACK LOL) for a nice price of $10 with wheels, tires, fenders, crank & chain guard, so anyways, here's the toy, still have a few bugs to work out, but so far it's a good start I think. I'm fighting the chain right now, when I try to pedal it with the clutch in, doesn't move, when I take the cover off and turn the nut with a ratchet, turns and moves fine...(plus I'm a newbie who likes the hands on approach to fixing and adjusting things lol)

3062_DSCI0002_1.jpg

3062_DSCI0004_1.jpg

3062_DSCI0003_1.jpg

3062_DSCI0005_1.jpg

SlicerDicer said:
Just a observation but it looks like your sprocket is on backwards on the rear. When you look at the bottom picture the light reflecting shows the sprocket to be concave not convex if that makes sense.

ohh and nice bike :D
some bikes need sprocket dished in, some dished out
every one seems to be different (although most that I've done are dished out)

yeah it's dish out, I've tried it with the dish in, and chain kept binding off the sprocket, so after more reading here on the forums, tried flipping it dish out, and tada, no more chain coming off.

It's ALIVEEE

after a lot of reading other people's first time running stories, I finally got mine fired up for the first time today, and as others have said "WOW" I felt like a kid again when that thing fired up. cruised her around the block a couple of times and all the neighborhood kids had to stop and stare, man these little bundles of joy are sure fun as all be.

hooked would be an understatement lol mb 2 is going to be a dyno roadster cut up with an occ rear wheel

I know the feeling I went from no motorized bikes to owning 2 now :) although one is abit insane but still!

in 4 years, I have built (ok...installed engines) 9 gas powered, 2 electrics, 2 charcoal----hehehe & 3 more on the drawing board. (very close!)

Is there some sort of meeting I should attend? :LOL:

maybe a 12 pedal crank program?

JunkersBikes said:
hooked would be an understatement lol mb 2 is going to be a dyno roadster cut up with an occ rear wheel

how about a dyno roadster with a matching fatty (20x4.5) front wheel, too? now. that would be tough!!

Back