well iam done for now hehe

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by MasterLink, May 11, 2008.

1. MasterLink

MasterLink Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2008

2. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Nice build.

Jim

3. azbill

azbill Active Member

nice Jaguar !!! :D

4. spunout

spunout Member

looks great. i like what you've done with the front wheel :D

5. Wow. Nice finished product considering your ordeal. Did you paint the red plastic cover?
    I love that paint job on your engine. Thinking of doing the same thing.
    (edit) changed the url from 3 on the end to 4 and then 5. Yes. Very nice job on the paint!
    How did you prep the plastic?

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2008
  6. MasterLink

MasterLink Member

painted most everything well i sanded the **** out of it was brand new when i got it and still looked used,,,, now looks new to me well then primed then paint more paint and keep goin on paint then cleared with urtane gloss i dont think gas will not eat it.... iam goin to paint the pull start silver along with 1/4 the tank in front or mist the frame with same as paint as the tank i seen a user here do that looks better that way

7. MasterLink

MasterLink Member

YOU GUYS , i need a long muffler and the double brake thing any ideals ? (the one i was sent) was used where can i get thos ?

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  8. RATRODER

RATRODER Guest

Nice paint work,good gob. louis

9. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Spooky Tooth (Sponsor on the left side of screen) sells the dual pull brake.

10. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

yea nice build considering everything...is it running well? enjoy the ride!

11. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Got your message-

-I love the paint matching the bike, engine shroud, valve cover and gearbox. Nice color. Of course, I'm jealous of anyone with paint at this point. Right now, I've got 3 colors of primer and what paint I do have- I don't like, so that will be redone.

Looks good. Are you running the 48 tooth sprocket? I've found that to be the best one for all around- but was kicking around a 50.

No governor needed on these, my man. I think you would be well over 40 before overr-revving it...and you may have the the ...stones, shall we say, to do that all day long, but I don't.

12. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

One question- do you have spray equipment, or is that just a supremely awesome rattle can job?

Either way- the paint quality looks superior.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2008
  13. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Welcome to the Jaguar club. It's an awesome bike. Nice paint.

14. MasterLink

MasterLink Member

well its a can i have some tricks .. i can help with if you like iam a painter by trade (Maintenance Man by night ) .i dropped and shot all over the tank about 20 cents of gas all over it wiped it off and screamed a bit..and it was just as shiny as new ..i was pleased my ideal worked had to learn to pump gas in that... tank heheh

15. MasterLink

MasterLink Member

48 tooth i think i try try a 56 tooth next .. my cycle putter iam at 32 no hills here on the 48 tooth this bike dosnt like goin that fast hope the other rims i have will be smoother and ape hangers will help i worked on the governor linkage i built it backwards so full on was full off i wasn't happy i will get it soon i hope ..cas 32 on this seems fast enough but i siad that at 24 also that seems slow now thanks guys for your post

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  16. crabdance

crabdance Member

Nice looking bike MasterLink,
    I think that you did good on the paint job like everyone else too. Now that I see your bike I know that the beach cruiser will work for me. Which is great because I am getting attached to it. Thanks for your post on the other thread. I appreciate your help. When I get to the point where I'm building my bike I will make lots of pictures and share them with everyone.

Like I said... love your bike... nice man.

-cd-

17. MasterLink

MasterLink Member

thanks man ,,i love to see others get ,,to mb ridding/// i still have a chezzy smile when iam tooling down the road ... iam .looking to get some forks with spring and ape hangers thos handle bars i have now i call then the death bars not to fun at 35 ..iam i feeling a bit peewee hermen with them heheh
    as for right now ,,iam haveing some issues with that motor mount plate.. i just got down helia coil both sides of the mount and upgraded to a nunber.5 steal botls 1/4 inch.20 i think there called

18. crabdance

crabdance Member

MasterLink,
    You're welcome, about the bike. It looks great to me! Good luck on the forks with springs. I be that will make it ride better. Can't wait until I can put that chezzy smile on my face :).

Sorry you are having some problems with the motor mount plate. Hope that you can get it all worked out soon. Good luck!

-cd-

19. MasterLink

MasterLink Member

i think i got the mount issues fixed weeheee
    yes this is the best toy for me in 10 years

and get ready to answer questions because everyone u see will ask you about it i dont care i like talking about it but there all asking the same things heheh how fast how much where to get one hehehe i need to pass out flyers hahah iam here for ya if ya need anything ,,peace

20. crabdance

crabdance Member

Kewl! Glad that you got the mount issues fixed! And you're right... what a toy :). I can't wait until I get one and can play with it myself. I know that it must be neat to talk to the people about your mb. I know that they must love it and want to know all about it. What a great deal... the wind in your face and 150 mpg yea!