Well it has finaly happend ........

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by locoWelder, Jun 17, 2007.

1. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

yes you not reading a joke......Gas has reached 4.02 9/10 for the cheap stuff here in Blythe Ca thats at the am/pm or arco ,union76 is 4.46 for the cheap stuff ...........
    I'm sick of it ! and this is Father's day you'd think we would get a brake but NOT! And lets not mention milk is now the same price as gas in most states, this is getting insane, I could in the past live and support my family on my income but now I must return to work just to buy food and gas, this compleatly and uterly SUCKS!
    I might be able to work for maybe 3 years before my back go out completly.....something has to be done with Big oil, this cant remain this way or there is going to be alot of working poor in the USA than has ever been before .
    What ever happen to the land of the free, we all are slaves to the Oil componies

Oh well just my rant :evil:

2. spunout

spunout Member

...With Liberty and Justice For Oil...
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

"we all are slaves to the Oil componies "

Not all of us loco....I don't own a car. Just the bikes and a couple of M/C's
  4. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

OH yes we all are , case in point.....

you have to buy food right? it gets there in the back of a truck

everything we own had to be move in one way or another by a truck plane ,train or other modes of tranportation that run on fossil fuels
  5. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

That sucks! Ours just dropped to $2.97 the other day.

Remember when they made a Honda CRX that got 50+ MPG? My brother still has one. Remember when the Chevy 3 cyl. Sprint first came out? That was also a 45+ MPG car. There is absolutely NO REASON car manufacturers can't make the same cars today. Seems to me that the car companies have their hands in the oil company pockets or vice versa.
  6. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

I'm working on somthing that should do alot better than 150mpg with 4 wheels and can go 65 + mph but it going to take some time...will post pics when I get started
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

2.79 here, I still don't use much.

I just went from a 42" deck riding mower to a 21" self propelled walk behind- saves about 3 gallons everytime I mow. (3 gallons a week times 40 weeks- about 120 gallons a year savings, big deal I know, but enough to run the bikes for most if not all year)

I ride the motored bike, (150-200 mpg) then the scooter, ("only" 80 mpg) then the "big bike" (50 mpg) in that order, a huge gas savings over, say an SUV or Hummer.

I buy a lot of Amish/local grown/made goods- no trucks, no middleman.

I get my electric (for the all electric home) from Green Mountain energy, check them out, a lot of the power they produce comes from wind, nuclear, and other sources that coal (fossil).

So, call me a micro slave or semi-rebel-partial-slave doing my part to fight big oil.....plus I edited this post so no one could get P O'd about politics......yeah who do I vote for again? :lol:
  8. lotsa_mpg

lotsa_mpg Guest

WOW....I can't imagine having to mow my grass for 40 weeks of the year. I'd be buying some sheep myself. Up here in Canada, we don't have to waste near that much fuel in our lawnmowers...usually only run them from mid may to mid Sept...the rest of the year, our fuel dollars go in our furnaces and snowblowers....Gas is around $1.19/litre here now...works out to about $5.00 USD/ 1 US gallon.....which Is why I like my bike so much

PS: it's be neat to see a poll on what percentage of US citizens who are members of this forum vote Dem versus Rep.....I'd be curious to see the results.....for some reason, I suspect the Dems would win, but I might be badly mistaken. I guess that probably isn't doable though because likely not many would be willing to voice their political affiliations in a public forum and I can understand that
  9. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

I don't think starting any political debate on this site would be beneficial for the group. I am sure some of here have very stropng political beliefs and it always seems to end up with someone really, REALLY pi$$ed off....well at least that's how it is around the in-laws house at Thanksgiving and X-mas HAHA!

10. lotsa_mpg

lotsa_mpg Guest

Yes, Iride....you're right. Politics doesn't belong in here....lets just forget I even typed that.
  11. Papasaun

Papasaun Guest

You could just edit the aforementioned, forgotten,,,,,, What were we talking about???

Papa :grin: :D :grin: :D
  12. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest