Well Nice Knowing U All I Just Threw My Bike In The Garbage So See Ya!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DeathProof, May 12, 2012.

1. DeathProof

DeathProof Member

im sick and tired of the problems every week with my bike. first the exhaust blows off with the bolts then a motor mount bolts shears off the now i just went for a ride it was fine then it just died no matter wat i did couldn't get it to start. well had my fun with it and wouldn't want another 1 they are more trouble then their worth. good luck 2 u all im done! see you

2. if I may suggest......get yerself..... a golden eagle bicycle system
  3. tooljunkie

tooljunkie Member

which dumpster is it in?
    sorry to hear about your disappointment,was nice chatting with you.happy trails....
  4. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

You give up far too easily Deathproof.

It has taken me "TWO YEARS" of such pain and component failure and system redesign to finally achieve a reliable bike, after being stranded many times; many miles from home.

This is only a constructive opinion that can be completely disregarded "but" i say, pull your finger out; suck back that dummy and get yourself some personal fortitude, even if having to buy such qualities in a "can".

As i say to everyone who wants to get into the game: This ain't a sport for people with a weak spirit, for it shall break your spirit and determination down into it's slimey component parts as it tries to grind you into the ground with soul destroying manner, requiring all of your inner strength to claw your way out of the bacterial scum pool that's swallowed your being, forcing you to rebuild your strength of character, with sheer grit and fiery determination; the determination to make it a stunning success; to triumph over adversity and be master of the domain.
    Charles Laypool likes this.
  5. DeathProof

DeathProof Member

doesnt matter now had the bike a few hours against the dumpster and went and checked and its gone thank god 1 less piece of stress in my life is gone for good!! ill gladly take a bus to work NEVER WILL I EVER BUY A MOTORIZED BIKE AGAIN THAT I GARUNTEE!
  6. bonsaiisuperstar

bonsaiisuperstar New Member

Well I am just about to get into it and sorry to see you leaving. You should have sold it as opposed to throwing it away. Some money in your pocket is better than none in my opinion.
    I understand that this is a patience trying sort of hobby. But heck, it's a bicycle. I work on cars all day long so I'm not concerned and am used to having things turn out not the way i planned.
    Good luck to you though!
  7. tooljunkie

tooljunkie Member

yup,i'd paid cash...
    sorry it let you down.
    i wanted a spare engine.
    guess ill order another kit and some spare parts.
    i want to build another bike.
    i'm a licenced technician,find working on cars now sucks the life outta me.
    the bikes are small,easy to push out of the garage.
    i ride 80% gravel,so this is definetly a durability issue for me.260 km's with a litte tweaking here and there.put on 20-30 km's every ride.
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  8. Daniel_62

Daniel_62 Member

yup, exactly why I switched to a Staton 4 stroke gear drive. I wanted to ride. Not constantly repair/rebuild. Please don't misunderstand, Tinkering can be fun & Therapeutic, I've done mechanic work for 35 years now.
    But I wanted a hobby that was not going to add to Life's Stress. The 2 strokes do just that. My Robin Subaru bike is a joy to ride, not a nuisance. Best Investment I could have made. Just my opinion, Your Mileage may vary...

9. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Ahh, but most of the engine problems with 2-stroke centre mount kits can be traced back to an incorrect standard ignition system and incorrect carburettor jetting, causing most of the issues commonly seen on the forum.

Replacing the standard CDI with a Jaguar CDI and optimising carburettor jetting gives many hours of reliability if combined with a SickBikeParts Shift Kit, that is then fitted with custom designed chain tensioners; the bike then being reengineered with a custom set of cassette sprockets and a rearranged twist grip derailleur system as well as exhaust gas temperature sensor and gauge and cylinder head temperature gauge, followed by redesigning the final chain drive with a custom designed chain stabilisation device and custom designed front derailleur and multi sprocket stack front free wheel bearing system.

It's a fairly straight forward job, requiring nothing more than angelic patience and dedication to perfection of design and assembly.
  10. Lunardog

Lunardog Member

Fabian are you talking about the design of a bicycle or a Lambroghini??? Just kidding, but do you have any pics of this thing. Being a newb I'd like to see it. Sounds like an impressive piece of work.
  11. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

PM coming your way Lunardog ;-)
  12. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

If ya had a bumblebeebolton you wouldn't have that problem i got over 500miles on my new kit and havent touched nothing and its still running strong. i have other kits and i said the same thing. junk. then my buddy showed me his and i couldn't believe how reliable and simple it was. But good luck see ya when i pass your bus..lol
  13. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Just had a look at the bumblebee bolton.

In my application that thing wouldn't last 3 minutes; in fact it simply wouldn't work at all.

But that's not to say that it wouldn't work acceptably for someone using it for light duty operation.
  14. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Yea I looked at the bumblebee site and it doesn't impress me either. For folks like the OP he needs a dax or staton f/d kit. They're bullit proof and simplicity at its best for folks who like to ride more than tinker. Once you get them dialed in just hop on and ride. For me the fun is in riding not tinkering with it.
  15. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

You have found out what I did many years ago. I wanted to ride, not " fix or repair, daily !"
    Junky cheap bike with added junky cheap Chinese kit = STILL ends up being junk.
    There are much better kits & designs out there, with good engines that will give you many hours of pleasure & good service.
  16. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Chinese bicycle engines work well once you realise the shortcomings of the electronics and carburation.
    So long as these shortcomings are rectified and engine isn't over revved, reliability is surprisingly good. Without such knowledge though, they can be quite unreliable.
  17. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

I love it!
    another guy who assembles the thing with the **** hardware that comes with the kit.
    puts it all together right out of the box and expects motorcycle performance and reliability.
    so because of incorrect installation, tuning and general knowledge.. his opinion is that ALL of these 2 stroke engine kits are junk.
    It cracks me up because people get into these things, throw them together right out of the box, expecting motorcycle reliablitly and performance.
    These china 2 stroke engines are nothing more than throw away 2 strokes. think about it, an entire engine kit costs around $150.00 - $200.00...what more do you want?
    if we're buying the entire kit for that much, how much does it cost them to make them?
    i'm guessing that it probably costs the manufacturers less than $50.00 to make one of these engines. the whole kit probably costs them less than $100.00 to put together.
    you can make them last and be reliable if they are installed correctly, tuned right, and maintained.
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
  18. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

How much does an HT cost by the time its done right? Just curious never seen that posted.
  19. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

This post has me puzzled, although it doesn't make any difference at this point, as the bike is gone. Surprised me you didn't sell the parts, there are many that would buy them off of you. Reminds me of my brother, I was 12 and he 10. Dad bought both of us a nice spinning rod and reel (Mitchel 304) Christmas of 1960...um 52 years ago. The first time he got a bird's nest, he threw it in the canal.

You say that you take my advise, how can studs (exhaust) pull out if they are locktite in and the muffler is mounted correctly? How can you break mounting studs, with upgraded hardware and use proper mounting techniques? Sorry I don't see it.
  20. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

I have no idea, i guess it's different for everyone.
    Me for example, I have about $300.00 total in one of my bikes, and about $350.00 in the other.
    this is including the cost of the bikes themselves, along with the engine kits, new tires, custom paint, etc.
    I do all of my work myself, I make my own parts when i can, and I do my own painting.
    I built my first bike in 2008, and it's still running strong.(49 c.c. 2 stroke slant head bought from bgf).
    the engine has never been rebuilt and it runs as strong now as it did when i first built it. the clutch pads are still the originals too.

I built my second bike in 2010, and it too is still going strong. (66 c.c. 2 stroke slant head bought from bgf).
    I did have to replace the clutch pads and the intake manifold gasket on that one, but everything else is original.

of corse on both of my bikes, i replaced all the nuts and bolts with better ones, replaced the exhaust gaskets, put on better pipes, tuned the carbs, run high flow air filters, ngk spark plugs, accell plug wires, and blue loc-tite on every nut & bolt possible.
    internally tho, both of my engines are stock and original.