Well Nice Knowing U All I Just Threw My Bike In The Garbage So See Ya!

If ya had a bumblebeebolton you wouldn't have that problem i got over 500miles on my new kit and havent touched nothing and its still running strong. i have other kits and i said the same thing. junk. then my buddy showed me his and i couldn't believe how reliable and simple it was. But good luck see ya when i pass your bus..lol

Just had a look at the bumblebee bolton.

In my application that thing wouldn't last 3 minutes; in fact it simply wouldn't work at all.

But that's not to say that it wouldn't work acceptably for someone using it for light duty operation.

Yea I looked at the bumblebee site and it doesn't impress me either. For folks like the OP he needs a dax or staton f/d kit. They're bullit proof and simplicity at its best for folks who like to ride more than tinker. Once you get them dialed in just hop on and ride. For me the fun is in riding not tinkering with it.

You have found out what I did many years ago. I wanted to ride, not " fix or repair, daily !"
Junky cheap bike with added junky cheap Chinese kit = STILL ends up being junk.
There are much better kits & designs out there, with good engines that will give you many hours of pleasure & good service.

Chinese bicycle engines work well once you realise the shortcomings of the electronics and carburation.
So long as these shortcomings are rectified and engine isn't over revved, reliability is surprisingly good. Without such knowledge though, they can be quite unreliable.

I love it!
another guy who assembles the thing with the **** hardware that comes with the kit.
puts it all together right out of the box and expects motorcycle performance and reliability.
so because of incorrect installation, tuning and general knowledge.. his opinion is that ALL of these 2 stroke engine kits are junk.
It cracks me up because people get into these things, throw them together right out of the box, expecting motorcycle reliablitly and performance.
These china 2 stroke engines are nothing more than throw away 2 strokes. think about it, an entire engine kit costs around $150.00 - $200.00...what more do you want?
if we're buying the entire kit for that much, how much does it cost them to make them?
i'm guessing that it probably costs the manufacturers less than $50.00 to make one of these engines. the whole kit probably costs them less than $100.00 to put together.
you can make them last and be reliable if they are installed correctly, tuned right, and maintained.

Last edited:
How much does an HT cost by the time its done right? Just curious never seen that posted.

im sick and tired of the problems every week with my bike. first the exhaust blows off with the bolts then a motor mount bolts shears off the now i just went for a ride it was fine then it just died no matter wat i did couldn't get it to start. well had my fun with it and wouldn't want another 1 they are more trouble then their worth. good luck 2 u all im done! see you

This post has me puzzled, although it doesn't make any difference at this point, as the bike is gone. Surprised me you didn't sell the parts, there are many that would buy them off of you. Reminds me of my brother, I was 12 and he 10. Dad bought both of us a nice spinning rod and reel (Mitchel 304) Christmas of 1960...um 52 years ago. The first time he got a bird's nest, he threw it in the canal.

You say that you take my advise, how can studs (exhaust) pull out if they are locktite in and the muffler is mounted correctly? How can you break mounting studs, with upgraded hardware and use proper mounting techniques? Sorry I don't see it.

I have no idea, i guess it's different for everyone.
Me for example, I have about $300.00 total in one of my bikes, and about $350.00 in the other.
this is including the cost of the bikes themselves, along with the engine kits, new tires, custom paint, etc.
I do all of my work myself, I make my own parts when i can, and I do my own painting.
I built my first bike in 2008, and it's still running strong.(49 c.c. 2 stroke slant head bought from bgf).
the engine has never been rebuilt and it runs as strong now as it did when i first built it. the clutch pads are still the originals too.

I built my second bike in 2010, and it too is still going strong. (66 c.c. 2 stroke slant head bought from bgf).
I did have to replace the clutch pads and the intake manifold gasket on that one, but everything else is original.

of corse on both of my bikes, i replaced all the nuts and bolts with better ones, replaced the exhaust gaskets, put on better pipes, tuned the carbs, run high flow air filters, ngk spark plugs, accell plug wires, and blue loc-tite on every nut & bolt possible.
internally tho, both of my engines are stock and original.

Back