Well Nice Knowing U All I Just Threw My Bike In The Garbage So See Ya!

Friction Drive???

I've said it before Fabian. I know a lot of people swear by them, but I just can't see the logic in wearing your tire out from both sides.
fatdaddy.

I've said it before Fabian. I know a lot of people swear by them, but I just can't see the logic in wearing your tire out from both sides.
fatdaddy.

I have the same bike tire for 2,000miles. That's why i like the delrin drive wheels because they dont wear down your bike tire!

Beats walking! I passed a guy pushing his kit (chain driven) down the road today. I didn't stop and ask what was wrong. All i know is he was walking and i was riding!!

i dont see anyone throwing there friction kit away! Read the topic of this post! :giggle: Need i say more no thats i need to say on this post im done.

Friction Drive

i dont see anyone throwing there friction kit away! Read the topic of this post! :giggle: Need i say more no thats i need to say on this post im done.

So ONE GUY threw his bike away. If he had a friction kit and put it together badly he would have thrown that away also. He OBVIOUSLY didn't know what he was doing. A bad mechanic is a bad mechanic. I still think a chain or belt drive is a much better idea. And 2000 miles on a tire with friction drive, I want one of those tires. That thing would last me the rest of my life on my chain drive bike.
Big Red.

Passed him up???

I have the same bike tire for 2,000miles. That's why i like the delrin drive wheels because they dont wear down your bike tire!

Beats walking! I passed a guy pushing his kit (chain driven) down the road today. I didn't stop and ask what was wrong. All i know is he was walking and i was riding!!

And thanks for being such a helpfull member of the Motor Biking community. I ALWAYS stop and try to help, especially a broke down biker.
Big Red,
MEMBER in good standing,
MotoredBikes.com.

And thanks for being such a helpfull member of the Motor Biking community. I ALWAYS stop and try to help, especially a broke down biker.
Big Red,
MEMBER in good standing,
MotoredBikes.com.

Some of us have what they call jobs and can't stop everytime we someone broke down.n Or i gladly would have. Ya chain drives are good as long as take care of em. But the average person doesn't know much about turning a wrench. Its nice to just be able to ride and not have to worry about something failing. I will be sure to stop when I see pushing your bike cause your chain tensioner failed or one of your many other moving parts flopped.. Look at the few post before this one. You guys were right! read that. Its not just one person. Wheres the 3rd stooge at?

Last edited:
So ONE GUY threw his bike away. If he had a friction kit and put it together badly he would have thrown that away also. He OBVIOUSLY didn't know what he was doing. A bad mechanic is a bad mechanic. I still think a chain or belt drive is a much better idea. And 2000 miles on a tire with friction drive, I want one of those tires. That thing would last me the rest of my life on my chain drive bike.
Big Red.

Ya and im guessing you sell the chinese kits to right?

Originally Posted by 2stroker

2stroker, if you truly take on such an attitude, could it not be perceived by others that you may lack a positive moral code to your character.

As part of my travels (which are extensive) i carry a large (nearly 80 lbs) tool kit and spares in my trailer, not just for my self but containing basic parts items for other cyclists out on the trail or road.
More than once i've assisted persons who have had a flat tyre, yet carrying no repair kit and more than once i've given away a collapsible tyre to a mountain biker who damaged his tyre beyond repair.

Ultimately where does such an "i'm ok, stuff-you, attitude benefit your riding experience.
Some of the best friendships are made on the grounds of help and assistance.

Helping Out

2stroker, if you truly take on such an attitude, could it not be perceived by others that you may lack a positive moral code to your character.

As part of my travels (which are extensive) i carry a large (nearly 80 lbs) tool kit and spares in my trailer, not just for my self but containing basic parts items for other cyclists out on the trail or road.
More than once i've assisted persons who have had a flat tyre, yet carrying no repair kit and more than once i've given away a collapsible tyre to a mountain biker who damaged his tyre beyond repair.

Ultimately where does such an "i'm ok, stuff-you, attitude benefit your riding experience.
Some of the best friendships are made on the grounds of help and assistance.[/QUOT

Fabian, I think he kinda said he was late for work when he passed up the bike dude. I hope that was the case. I like to think the best of people untill proven otherwise. But then again, I've been late for work before because I stopped to help someone.
And yes, I too carry extra stuff, short lengths of chain, patch kit and pump, extra tools ect, just in case.
A couple of my best riding buddies are dudes I met on the road. Ya still gotta be carefull though, some of the folks you meet might have an attitude like that, you know, the "don't have time to help" types.
BUT, he is right about people that don't take care of their machines. That also applies to a friction drive. I hope he NEVER breaks down, but if he does, I'll stop to help.
Big Red.

Well in my opinion even if youre short on time going somewhere ,not stopping for a fellow MB'er is falling just a bit short on the honorable side in my book. It may have only taken handing over a patch kit or a wrench and then leaving to assist someone. Total price for helping someone out $2. Just whizzing by without even stopping isnt cool in my book. But I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Back