what 4 stroke engine?

Bible Man 20

Local time
4:13 AM
i know there are many posts out there pertaining to this question, but i'd like to see what personal kind of advice i could get on this issue.i have an older modeled schwinn that i will be getting on monday i hope.i dont know whether i should put a 2 stroke or 4 stroke on the bike, but some people have already lead me to believe a 4 stroke would be better.the uses will be riding to school everyday (2 miles or so) and about 2-3 miles extra on some days.this will be my main way of transport for quite awhile.which engine/dealer should i check out.

p.s. if you could post links that would be very very helpful indeed.

ok well i was going to go with a 2 stroke in the first place but since il be riding it 3-5 miles every day i thought i should try to get a 4 stroke.

Last edited:
The Robin 25 and 35 are outstanding, well designed, well built engines. If you have a lot of steep hills on your route and feel you need more torque, you could use the Honda 50cc mill or one of the Chinese clones of the Honda 50. I would avoid the smaller Hondas, like the 25 or 35. They are no longer built in Japan and the quality/longevity has suffered, or so I hear. The Tanaka and Mitsubichi are the cream of the 2 cycles, but the drawback is mixing the fuel. With my Robins I pull into any gas station and just fill er up.

I am enjoying my first built Subaru EHO 35 + BMP kit.

Very inexpensive, durable, and reliable setup.

The whole setup, engine included cost me less than standalone GEBE or Staton chain drive kit.

Got the deal on new Subaru from Silvaire.

Riding that THING every day.

Glad I stayed away from HT kits.

2 stroke or 4 stroke, who cares as long as you've got QUALITY engine.

I am enjoying my first built Subaru EHO 35 + BMP kit.

Very inexpensive, durable, and reliable setup.

The whole setup, engine included cost me less than standalone GEBE or Staton chain drive kit.

Got the deal on new Subaru from Silvaire.

Riding that THING every day.

Glad I stayed away from HT kits.

2 stroke or 4 stroke, who cares as long as you've got QUALITY engine.

ht? wat is that.and also i would go to the 4 stroke just for the simple fact of not having to mix the oil and gas.

In your hemisphere & under your circumstances i'de be getting the EZM kit.....azbill from MBc is a reputable dealer here;PM him if your interested.

BTW...HT=Happy-Time...generic name usually given to an in-frame chinese 2-stroke(48-69cc)....coined by our former Admin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Fetor about the EZ Motorbike Kit, but else where on this forum Bible Man has indicated that his budget is $200.00 - $300.00 and I think he is going to be hard pressed to find a 4-stroke kit in that price range. Maybe the friction drive kits mentioned in the earlier posts in this thread, but I cant think of any reliable 4-stroke kits that are either frame or rack mount for less than $370.00, and the EZ Motorbike Kit is $650.00

ocscully

although ...

I saw that someone is selling some R/S EHO35s for about 150 in the buy-sell-trade forum.

Add a BMP friction drive kit, & you're looking at about 300.

Back