What a novel idea a bicycle thats not power assisted !!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by robin bird, Jun 29, 2009.

1. robin bird

robin bird Member

Yesterday my HT 50cc packed it in--now i have to save for an engine--i stripped off all parts the bike is a 7 speed cruiser--it pedals great--surprising how fast you get out of shape!! it will take me 3 weeks to get the $$-but by then i may be liking pedaling again !! and may just forget it!!

2. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

Heh, good one. There was a post a while back where someone said they were riding through a woodland or some pastoral setting, shut off the motor and marveled at the quiet and peacefulness of just pedaling.
    I never forget, it's just a power assisted bicycle and the pedals are never in the way, lol.

3. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

This type of heresy should be banned :)

4. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

Yeah that is a novel idea on this forum.Pedaling is fun till your tired of pedaling.:thinking:

5. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

sounds good on paper

sounds good on paper --- but

once you have had a motor on that thing
    and felt the power as it does sing
    you will miss those days
    Jimi Hendrix purple haze !!!

you'll be back
    with the motor between your leg
    little piston goes smack smack
    you know you got it made

forget about the pedal
    as it takes you up the hill
    sweet burning metal
    taking what you will !!!

MM

6. robin bird

robin bird Member

Love the poem==loved it so much that yesterday i ordered a new bike from pipeline 5.8 morini-probably ill never pedal again when it comes lol

7. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

Thats a wrap!

8. duivendyk

duivendyk Guest

I was have been thinking of a possible 'effort assisted' or 'Superman mode' of MB operation for hardcore over-the-hill-(semi)-cyclists.The harder you pedal away,the more assist you get,no more slacking !.By using the rear chain fluctuating tension generated operation of a air vacuum pump with a faster attack/slower decay integration for throttle control,something like this should not be all that hard implement.The problems would likely be in the necessary overrides,during braking or gearchanging for instance.

9. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

short case of denial

we knew you had the motor bike bug

you were only suffering for a short case of denial

have fun with that new motor bike thing