what are these 2 apendages connected to my butt ??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by robin bird, Apr 22, 2009.

1. robin bird

robin bird Member

Anyone else try and pedal a few miles after the winter and after using a motorized bike ?? i find that iam now in gross shape---so i am going to pedal for 2-3 weeks --as may 10 i will be doing a motorized bike holiday--will plan to pedal even if i have a motor-- i blew a rear wheel so this also is some incentive !!

2. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

yes rb
    I have gotten a little lazy -- using my motor a lot lately
    not in the shape that I was just a while back
    as we know -- at our ages -- it's harder to keep the muscle on !!!!

we work and work and get a little ((muscle a pumping))
    then don't do anything for a week or so -- and -- where did it go ???

but -- to still -- stay humble -- and thank -- the one above -- that we can still
    ride that MB thing
  3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Yup. As great as these MBs are, a guy has got to get off of them pretty often and pedal.

Especially after, say, the mid-to-late 40s.

I have a similar problem to Mountainman. I'm busier than I've been in years (strange thing in a recession. Wonder if it'll last). Definitely working hard. And I am in pretty good shape for my age. People are usually impressed when they put the two together. And I'm strong and can keep right on going for hours.

But I can't gain an ounce no matter what I do. I'm a bit on the slim side (6 ft, 175 lbs.)
    I'm not quite scrawny, but it's border-line.

And it seems like I'm stuck with it.
  4. robin bird

robin bird Member

When you retire like me you will gain weight i was 175 now i am 215 and ive lost weight so pedal it is !!